A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
MATT BARLOW AT WEMBLEY: After all the spies, subterfuge and pretend binoculars came the eye of the Tigers. One sucker punch from Oli McBurnie and Hull are returning to the top flight.
Halifax Regional Police say the body of an infant previously reported missing has been located, and two people face charges in connection with the case.
Nasire Best, 21, had cut off contact with even his closest friends and began claiming that he was Jesus Christ.
The US military has held a “response exercise” at Washington’s embassy in Caracas, Venezuela Read Full Article at RT.com
EU leaders have glossed over a deadly Ukrainian attack on a college dorm in Russia’s LPR, while condemning Moscow’s retaliatory strikes Read Full Article at RT.com
Western mainstream media is afraid to learn and show the truth about the “deliberate murder of children” in Starobelsk, Yana Lantratova says Read Full Article at RT.com
The French president also called on his Belarusian counterpart AlexanderLukashenko to take necessary measures to improve relations between Belarus and Europe
The spacecraft was blasted off from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center, China’s Central Television reported
Omani Foreign Minister Bard al-Busaidi received the senior Iranian diplomat, who conveyed a verbal message from Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi about «the ongoing Pakistani-mediated Iranian-US negotiations», аccording to the Omani foreign ministry
The terrorist posed an immediate threat to IDF troops, the Israeli military said
According to the Russian Security Council, there will be unofficial representatives from 12 unfriendly countries, who «stand for the development of constructive relations with Russia,» will be among the participants
In Afghanistan, the practice of selling daughters to older men for financial gain has become a normalised response to deepening poverty.
[The Conversation Africa] By the second week of the latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo it was already clear that containing the spread of the haemorrhagic disease was proving to be difficult.
[UN News] The recent Ebola and hantavirus outbreaks demonstrate that the world is still vulnerable to rapidly spreading infectious diseases, Tedros Ghebreyesus, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO), warned on Saturday at the close of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneva.
Mr Titchmarsh, 77, and his wife Alison moved to the luxury five-bedroom property last November after downsizing from their grand manor house, where they had lived for more than two decades.
NEET-UG 2026 exam cancellation due to paper leak has deeply affected lakhs of students. Families face financial strain and students endure immense mental pressure. This incident raises serious questions about the integrity of competitive examinations in India. The system's credibility is shaken, while also impacting the aspirations of countless young individuals.
IIT Madras and IIT Kanpur professors will now help CBSE fix its post-result services portal. This comes after students and parents reported widespread technical glitches and confusion regarding re-evaluation fees. The move aims to ensure a smooth, reliable, and transparent system for students seeking to review their exam papers.
A Supreme Court plea seeks a CBI probe into the «Cockroach Janta Party» and alleged fake advocates, amidst a political storm over the viral digital campaign. The group, which gained traction discussing unemployment and exam leaks, saw its website taken down. Founder Abhijeet Dipke accused the government of suppression and claimed to have received death threats.