Vladimir Zelensky’s ex-chief of staff lamented the “lack of support” he received during an anti-corruption raid on his home Read Full Article at RT.com
Friendships can begin in unexpected places, but theirs began on the water. Rillio Rio Rii from Santo Island and Australian rowing coach Andrew Mackenzie first met through a chance meeting at a lagoon-side rowing club in Vanuatu. The partnership that…
Former Prime Minister Barak Sope has renewed his call for the Government of Vanuatu to halt the sale of national passports through the Citizenship By Investment (CBI) programmes, warning that the practice has fuelled corruption, weakened national unity and harmed…
Lawyer for the Vanuatu Teachers Union (VTU), Andrew Bal, confirmed that he will start to file the teachers' damage claims starting on Monday next week.
Human rights advocate Anne Pakoa has cautioned women against sending nude photos in exchange for money, saying there are safer and more dignified ways for women in Vanuatu to earn an income.
Representatives of EastPack Ltd and Prospa, companies that recruit Ni-Vanuatu seasonal workers under New Zealand's Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) scheme, have conducted drug tests in Port Vila for both returning workers and potential recruits for the next season.
It is unclear whether this will be enough to resolve the crisis, the paper noted
Underwater main and back-up sections of the pipeline crossing the Yenisey River were laid and backfilled, the shore reinforcement and engineering protection work is underway, the company said
«Customers affected by the cancellations will be notified directly by email,» BFMTV wrote
In total, around 13,200 passengers were affected by the flight cancellations
If the US peace plan is adopted, it will help prevent new conflicts, US Presidential Special Envoy said
The decisions come a day after President Donald Trump vowed to “permanently pause migration from all Third World Countries,” among other threats.
A family is appealing for witnesses after a 35-year-old man sustained severe head injuries during an accident while riding his personal mobility device (PMD) at Punggol.Marcus Lee, the older brother of the injured PMD rider, made a Facebook post on Thursday (Nov 27) calling for witnesses with any information on the incident.His brother had been on his way home from Punggol Marina to Punggol Field, and was found unconscious on the road side at around 1 to 2am that day.His brother had reportedly gone to meet some friends at a club before returning home, Lee told 8world.Lee attached two photos in his post, with one showing his brother hospitalised in critical condition.He requires intensive medical care after suffering very severe head injuries during the accident, said Lee, who added that his brother is currently in a coma and on life support.«The doctor told us to prepare for the worst,» Lee told 8world.With his brother in critical condition, Lee and his family are still unable to find out what happened and if other parties were involved.
15 drivers have recently been caught providing illegal cross-border ride hailing services by the Land Transport Authority (LTA).The agency announced the news in a Facebook post on Friday (Nov 28) that they had nabbed the drivers «at the land checkpoints, airport, and in areas such as Arab Street and Ban San Street» and that all of their vehicles had been impounded.This had come as a result of enforcement efforts by the LTA and tip-offs from the National Private Hire Vehicles Association and National Taxi Association.The LTA warned: «Drivers caught providing illegal ride-hailing services face up to $3,000 fines and/or 6 months’ jail, and possible vehicle forfeiture.»
Corrupt Maryam Ilyas (pictured), 20, trawled force systems at West Yorkshire Police to secretly pass on intelligence to her drug-dealing boyfriend.
Brave Kyle Sieniawski was just like other schoolboys who enjoyed playing with his friends until the shock diagnosis just ten months ago.
Claire Walsh, 39, pleaded guilty at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday to a charge of fraud by abuse of position between June 8 2019 and October 23 2023.
Donald Trump is revoking all of Joe Biden's executive orders signed by autopen - escalating the battle over the legitimacy of the ailing ex-president's administration.
Spearheaded by the princess, and supported by her and William's philanthropic arm, The Royal Foundation, the service will bring people together to celebrate love in all its form.
Trudi Burgess had been in intensive care for less than 48 hours when she had a dream that inspired her to live.
A search of another Winnipeg landfill for the remains of First Nations women will begin on Monday, CBC News has learned.
US President Donald Trump reportedly spoke over the phone with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro Read Full Article at RT.com
The Supreme Court has declared dowry a grave social evil, emphasizing that courts must not grant bail in dowry death cases to maintain public confidence and deter perpetrators. The court quashed a bail order for a man accused of killing his wife over a car demand, highlighting the severity of such offenses.
A parliamentary committee scrutinizing the simultaneous Lok Sabha and assembly elections bill will seek an extension to gather more stakeholder views. The committee, chaired by P P Chaudhary, believes the bill, known as the one-nation-one-election proposal, does not violate the Constitution's basic structure, a stance supported by the Law Commission.
Ukraine’s Vladimir Zelensky has sacked his chief of staff to cover his own tracks, a Russian diplomat says Read Full Article at RT.com
SINGAPORE — About $41,000 worth of illegal cough syrup and prescription medicine were seized by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) in two separate operations in November.HSA raided two addresses in Yishun on Nov 17 and seized 106 litres of codeine cough syrup worth about $29,000, following a tip-off by a courier company, the authority said in a release on Nov 28.The company had observed two suspicious crates from overseas at its storage facility, which were labelled as a well-known household bleach brand but were suspected to contain illegal cough syrup. They were due to be delivered to two places in Yishun that were eventually raided.A Singaporean male importer, 43, had arranged the delivery for profit, according to preliminary investigations, said HSA.Separately, a 23-year-old foreigner was caught by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority officers for trying to smuggle about 11,500 units of addictive prescription medicine at Changi Airport Terminal 3 on Nov 19.The medicine, which included sedatives and painkillers, were valued at about $12,000 in street value and were intended for illegal distribution here, said HSA.
SINGAPORE — Sixteen thrill-seekers on the popular Battlestar Galactica: Human vs Cylon attraction at Universal Studios Singapore (USS) had to disembark midway through their roller-coaster ride after it stalled on Nov 28.In response to queries, a spokesperson for Resorts World Sentosa (RWS), which manages USS, said the ride experienced a «temporary technical interruption» at about 5pm.«As part of our strict safety protocols, it automatically stopped at a safe point on the track. Our trained operations team promptly assisted all 16 riders to disembark, in accordance with our standard operating procedures,» the spokesperson said, adding that there were no injuries.RWS added that the ride will resume on Nov 29 when USS opens, following the completion of «a thorough safety check».«The safety of our guests is always our top priority. We regret any inconvenience caused and thank our guests for their patience and understanding,» the spokesperson said.
SINGAPORE — A car driven by a 23-year-old man toppled onto its side next to an HDB block in Bedok after it was believed to have skidded on the morning of Nov 27.In response to queries from The Straits Times, the police and the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the accident at around 11am.The incident occurred beside Block 514 Bedok North Avenue 2. Images circulating on social media show the car lying on its left side on a patch of grass near a short flight of stairs leading to the block, with several bystanders gathered around and a person in civilian attire appearing to reach into the car boot.SCDF said two people were assessed for minor injuries, but both declined to be taken to hospital.The car is believed to have skidded, the police said, adding that the driver is assisting with investigations.[[nid:725972]]
The death of one of the two National Guard members shot in downtown D.C. spurred the upgraded charge agains the suspect as the act of violence sparked a nationwide investigation.
SINGAPORE — A 64-year-old man died in hospital after he fell onto the tracks at Fajar LRT station on Nov 19.In response to queries, SMRT Trains president Lam Sheau Kai said that a passenger on a personal mobility device, or PMD, fell onto the tracks at Fajar station on the Bukit Panjang LRT Line at about 9.35pm that day.«Our staff immediately activated the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) for assistance and filed a police report,» said Mr Lam.The man was not struck by any incoming train, as SMRT's operations control centre had promptly switched off traction power, Mr Lam added.SMRT is cooperating with the police in their investigations, he said.The police said they were alerted to the incident at about 9.35pm, and that the man was found lying motionless on the train tracks.The SCDF took the man to the Woodlands Health Campus, where he later died.Based on preliminary investigations, the police said they do not suspect any foul play. Police investigations are ongoing.
Karnataka's leadership crisis intensifies as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah invites Deputy CM D.K. Shivakumar for a crucial breakfast meeting following Congress high command's directive. Both leaders are urged to find a mutual solution, with the high command ready to intervene if discussions fail. Shivakumar's recent remarks have fueled speculation about his intentions regarding the Chief Minister's post.