She built an art platform to keep images generated by artificial intelligence (AI) out — but that platform has now been compromised by AI enthusiasts.The platform, Cara, was scraped by an AI enthusiast as part of a «fun project», Singapore photographer Zhang Jingna revealed in an Instagram post last Friday (Aug 14).Scraping refers to an automated process where data is extracted from a website to teach AI — which can in turn be used to create AI-generated art based on what it learns.Taking to the DefendingAIArt subreddit, the enthusiast gloated: «I scraped all of Cara, an anti-AI art platform!»«Was a fun project, happy to answer any questions here,» the user added.The post has since been deleted and the user banned.Expressing her frustrations, Zhang wrote: «What the hell must I do?»Artists just want a place online where platforms don't feed their work to AI. So I built Cara. But people just won't leave us alone.«The laws don't help us, the governments don't help us. What are artists supposed to do?»
RIYADH: Saudi Arabia has achieved a 69 percent phaseout of ozone-depleting substances over the past five years, as of the first half of 2026, underscoring its commitment to the Montreal Protocol and the gradual elimination of hydrochlorofluorocarbons, according to the National Center for Environmental Compliance.
BURAIDAH: The Saudi Culinary Arts Commission is participating in the Buraidah International Dates Carnival by showcasing its publications, including the book “Buraidah,” as part of efforts to introduce the Kingdom’s culinary heritage and highlight its connection to local products.
RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Defense Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman discussed military and defense cooperation with director of the Office of the Commander-in-Chief of the Iraqi Armed Forces, First Lt. Gen. Abdul Amir Al-Shammari, on Thursday. The two officials reviewed Saudi-Iraqi relations in the military and defense fields and discussed regional developments, Prince Khalid said in a post on X.
NEW YORK CITY: Yemen’s permanent representative to the UN, Abdullah Al-Saadi, told the Security Council on Thursday that Saudi Arabia’s sustained political, economic and humanitarian support has been essential in keeping state institutions functioning, even as he delivered a sweeping condemnation of the Houthis and their backers in Iran.
JEDDAH: The Saudi-led multinational maritime defence coalition has finalized key arrangements to activate its command structure, and preparations began to integrate officers and personnel from member states into its command, maritime operations and intelligence structures, the Saudi Ministry of Defense said on Thursday. The announcement was made during the third planning meeting of the Multinational Maritime Defense Coalition at the Western Fleet Command in Jeddah, attended by representatives from 39 countries.
Rachel Reid says when she heard five libraries in Nova Scotia’s Annapolis Valley were set to permanently close their doors, she wanted to help as much as she could.
An Alberta chief is calling for more respect from the provincial government after its Indigenous relations minister missed a marquee event marking the 150th anniversary of the signing of Treaty 6.
In a meeting of the House of Commons public safety and national security committee on Monday, MPs collaborated across party lines in deciding to examine Canada's security screening processes as a Canadian NATO intern faces spying allegations.
The move to send 1,000 poll monitors is likely the largest number under a Republican president, a DOJ official said.
President Donald Trump’s interim deal with Iran in June set aside two months for negotiations, but the window has now closed and broader talks are at a standstill.
The ship’s crew lost access last month to drinkable water, running toilets and air conditioning, as the fleet sees heavy use by the Trump administration.
The administration sought to keep the agency’s headquarters in Washington.
Traffic lights at the Henderson Road and Telok Blangah Heights road junction were knocked out for nearly nine hours after a car skidded and crashed into a traffic lights signal control box on early Monday (Aug 17) morning.The incident, involving a silver Toyota saloon car, happened at about 4.10am. Map showing where the accident happened. GRAPHIC: Google Maps, AsiaOne/Naufal Danish When AsiaOne reached the scene at about 4.50am, the car had mounted up the traffic island and was sitting atop a collapse traffic lights signal control box.While the car was not obstructing any vehicular traffic, traffic light signals at the said junction were not working as a result of the crash.
2 Officials Attend Event At Embassy
Shahzad Bhatti Gang's Terror Plans Foiled
Malawi’s Second Vice President Enock Kamzingeni Chihana has held crunch bilateral talks with the President of the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA), Abdullah Almusaibeeh, in a bid to unlock fresh development opportunities for Malawi. The high-stakes meeting took place on the sidelines of the 46th Ordinary Summit of SADC Heads of State […] The post Malawi 2nd VP Chihana holds high-stakes bilateral meeting with Arab Bank chief appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
One of Malawi’s busiest maternity wards is buckling under a staggering surge in demand, with staff at Bwaila Hospital in Lilongwe now delivering as many as 115 to 120 babies every single day — a workload health chiefs warn is stretching beds, staff and space to breaking point. Health Area Matron Rejoice Mwale revealed the […] The post Breaking point: Bwaila maternity ward delivering up to 120 babies a day appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Judge blasts authorities as pair — hijacked at gunpoint by the REAL killers — are released after true culprits confess to horrific highway murder Two innocent men who spent six agonising months behind bars, wrongly linked to a horrific murder they had nothing to do with, have finally walked free — after a judge tore […] The post Malawi men freed after real murder suspects confess to crime appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Standard Bank Malawi has signalled its intent to deepen its role in the country’s mining sector, offering advisory services, financing arrangements and project funding as the industry enters what officials describe as a new phase of mineral development. The commitment emerged from a meeting between Standard Bank Malawi chief executive Phillip Madinga and Minister of […] The post Standard Bank Malawi commits to financing mining sector amid push for local capital mobilisation appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Replacing a lost ID or birth certificate now costs K5,000 EACH — while marriage licences soar to a staggering K200,000 under new rules Malawians face a fresh squeeze on their pockets after the National Registration Bureau (NRB) quietly rolled out a sweeping hike in fees for a raft of essential registration services. Anyone needing to […] The post Marriage now costs K50,000: Inside NRB’s sweeping new fee structure appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Five residential houses, five infrastructure facilities, three trucks, and three passenger cars were damaged
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said on August 14 that early parliamentary elections will be held in the country in October or November
Egypt will take part in the formation of the mechanism, the news portal said
Recent St Andrew's graduates Lady Louise and Felix, both 22, were all smiles as they arrived at the House of Sisters Grimm Theatre in the West End on Friday.
The presenter, 63, has admitted she should have left her BBC Radio Scotland show, before she was axed from her £155K-a-year job over bullying claims.
A long-lost battlefield where Anglo-Saxon forces delivered a devastating defeat to a Viking army could finally have been found.
Two Ukrainian children were attacked by adults in Poland for speaking Ukrainian, Kiev’s consulate in Gdansk has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Latvia is seeking €7 billion from Brussels as lost Russian trade and sharply higher military spending weigh on its finances Read Full Article at RT.com