The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is trialling a humanoid robot named Olly at Little India MRT station on the Downtown Line from Aug 31 to Sep 11.According to LTA's Facebook post on Thursday (Aug 20), the friendly new face will be roaming around the MRT station on weekdays during the two weeks, between 10am and noon.It will guide commuters with wayfinding on the station platform and answer any questions about MRT lines and LTA.The humanoid robot will also be accompanied and supervised by LTA team at all times.It is being trialled to explore how AI-enabled technologies can support public transport operations and improve commuting experiences.LTA said that commuters might spot Olly before his trial begins as he is currently undergoing mapping and testing to familiarise himself with the station environment.This technology follows LTA's recent trial of facial recognition technology for fare payment earlier this month.
Bei-Ing Wanton Noodle hawker Yeo Song Khoon has returned to work a day earlier than expected. The 73-year-old had previously indicated that he would resume work on Aug 21, but was back at his Roxy Square stall on Thursday (Aug 20), where he was seen using a walking aid, limping noticeably and moving gingerly as he prepared for the lunchtime crowd.Speaking to AsiaOne, Yeo said he was still experiencing pain and taking medication for his injuries but was determined to continue working.“I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and I don’t want to go back. The doctor said that if I were to take the medications, I don’t need to go for surgery,” said Yeo.Despite taking medication, Yeo said his back injury continues to affect his sleep, making it difficult for him to lie down at night. «I have to sit up in a position that is comfortable for me to sleep. It is painful but I just bear with it,» he said.How the incident unfoldedYeo was allegedly shoved to the ground by a male customer at the coffee shop in Roxy Square on Aug 15 after patting the customer's young daughter's head.
The Russian military has carried out a large-scale strike against drone-making plants and other targets in Kiev, Moscow has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Emir Kusturica has accused YouTube of censorship after the Google-owned platform removed his channel ‘My Life’ Read Full Article at RT.com
Pakistan has summoned the US charge d’affaires after Trump special envoy Sergio Gor’s comments on Jammu and Kashmir Read Full Article at RT.com
[allAfrica] Geneva -- Sudan is facing mounting displacement and humanitarian pressures as escalating conflict and destructive seasonal flooding compound an already grave humanitarian situation, says the UN migration agency.
During construction work in Bhanauli village, workers discovered twenty-nine large metal spheres buried deep within the ground. These intriguing copper spheres, each measuring sixty centimeters across, resembled ancient munitions. Local police and the Uttar Pradesh Archaeology Department quickly secured the unusual find. Specialists are now engaged in examining the spheres to determine their historical significance and origin, with plans for additional archaeological research to ascertain their context.
TEHRAN - On 19 August, the world marks World Humanitarian Day, a time to honour humanitarian workers and to stand with people affected by crises around the world.
TEHRAN – Mazandaran University is scheduled to play host to Iran-China Science Day, an official with the science ministry has said.
TEHRAN – A total of 90 earthquakes have been recorded across the country in a week from August 8th to 14th, according to the seismological networks of the Institute of Geophysics of the University of Tehran.
It is understood that while he 'welcomes' the chance to see Harry and his family in a private and personal capacity, the King is clear that there will be 'no alteration' to the Duke and Duchess's role.
TEHRAN – The Iranian Red crescent Society (IRCS) has proposed the establishment of a BRICS network of community-based health centers.
A Home Office publication setting out the 'rules and expectations' of living in Britain will be handed to asylum seekers as part of an education campaign.
Travellers catching a Causeway Link bus to Malaysia from Newton or Queen Street will have to make sure they have a cashless payment method ready from Thursday (Aug 20).The bus operator announced on Monday that cash payments will no longer be accepted onboard its buses at the two Singapore locations.Passengers can tap Visa, Mastercard, ManjaLink or EZ-Link cards, or pay through the Lugo app.They can also purchase a single-journey e-ticket before boarding.For those who prefer to use cash, Causeway Link said tickets can be bought in advance.Passengers boarding at Queen Street can purchase tickets from a ManjaLink kiosk, while those at Newton can get a ManjaLink card from Causeway Link's ground staff.For travellers departing from Queen Street, SBS Transit bus service 170 also runs to Malaysia. Long-distance coaches are another option for those travelling from Newton and Queen Street.Completely cashless from Oct 1From Oct 1, cash payments will no longer be accepted onboard all of the operator's cross-border and feeder bus services.
Phishing scams involving the impersonation of courier companies via Apple iMessage have surged over the past two weeks, with losses now estimated to be around $2.2 million, up from the $1.2 million reported on Aug 5.Police said in an updated news release on Thursday (Aug 20) that their Cyber Command disrupted over 30,000 Apple iMessage accounts linked to the scam campaign since June this year.Spotting signs that you are a targetVictims typically receive messages via Apple iMessage from scammers impersonating recognised courier companies such as NinjaVan, J&T Express, and SPX Express.There were also instances of messages impersonating government agencies and financial institutions.The messages usually originate from numbers bearing country codes such as +212 (Morocco), +63 (The Philippines), +44 (United Kingdom), or from email addresses comprising random alphanumeric strings that appear to belong to couriers, the police said.
Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers «put to rest» an attempt to smuggle over 900 vapes and more than 9,000 pods into Singapore via Tuas Checkpoint on Aug 8.Pictures posted on ICA's Facebook on Thursday (Aug 20) show the items stowed in a rest area behind the driver's cabin, under what appears to be a quilt, cushion and pillow.According to ICA, the Malaysia-registered lorry was directed for enhanced checks where its search and examination officers found more than 900 vaporisers and over 9,000 pods hidden in the cabin resting area.A 46-year-old male Malaysian driver was arrested and the case referred to the Health Sciences Authority for further investigations.
Local government authorities across Malawi are being starved of desperately needed cash, after it emerged councils have received just nine percent of their K1.25 trillion Parliament-approved allocation for the 2026/27 financial year — despite the year already being five months old. The shocking shortfall has sparked fears over stalled projects, spiralling costs and whether government […] The post Councils starved of cash as Malawi govt releases just 9% of promised billions appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
A leading human rights coalition has launched a scathing attack on Malawi’s justice system, demanding urgent action after activist Sylvester Namiwa was left languishing behind bars for three weeks — despite the State itself not opposing his bail. The Human Rights Defenders Coalition (HRDC) didn’t hold back in a blistering statement, branding Namiwa’s continued detention […] The post HRDC demands justice as Namiwa awaits uncontested bail ruling appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
A defence lawyer sharply challenged an Airtel Malawi engineer’s evidence during cross-examination on Wednesday, as the State wrapped up its case against eight men accused of injuring a civil servant during a violent disruption of a pay protest at Lilongwe’s Botanical Gardens in March 2025. Defence lawyer Khwima Mchizi pressed Airtel Malawi plc assistant manager […] The post Defence lawyer grills Airtel Malawi expert in demo violence trial appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Malawi’s Thursday daily newspapers and news outlets were dominated by coverage of the Scorchers’ return home, as the Malawi Women’s National Football Team arrived back in the country following their runners-up finish at the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) in Morocco. The Daily Times led with “Heroines’ Welcome” across its sport pages, reporting […] The post Malawi’s media celebrate Scorchers’ homecoming appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Les représentants de l'Assemblée seront bientôt convoqués en session extraordinaire pour étudier le troisième collectif budgétaire. Mais avant le vote en séance plénière, la commission de l'économie, des finances et du budget doit préparer et examiner le texte. Les débats s'annoncent houleux.
Spokesman Ivan Bigma said that the battlegroup had also destroyed 98 Ukrainian hexacopters and five HIMARS projectiles
Garry Minkh says these documents can still be used as instruments for dialogue with the West
Zhang Hanhui said that a nuclear arms race in the region could erupt at any moment if Tokyo decides to develop nuclear weapons
Andrey Denisov says oil supplies from Russia to China grew by 92% in the first seven months amid the crisis around the Strait of Hormuz
Mayor Sergey Sobyanin says most of them were destroyed at distant locations