MOEX Index up 0.42% as morning trading session opens
newsare.net
As of 7:08 a.m. Moscow time, the MOEX Index was up by 0.6%MOEX Index up 0.42% as morning trading session opens
As of 7:08 a.m. Moscow time, the MOEX Index was up by 0.6% Read more
As of 7:08 a.m. Moscow time, the MOEX Index was up by 0.6% Read more
[Vanguard] Three South Africans have been charged with murder over the killing of a Nigerian Bolt e-hailing driver, Isaac Satlat, after dashcam footage of the incident was shared widely on social media and sparked public outrage.
WESTERN BUREAU: The deepening partnership between Jamaica and China was highlighted Saturday night as Justice Minister Delroy Chuck, representing Prime Minister Dr Andrew Holness, addressed the Chinese Community’s Spring Festival celebration in Montego Bay, St James. Addressing more than 2,000 patrons gathered at The Pinnacle on Saturday night, Chuck described the Spring Festival as “a living reminder of the deep bonds of friendship, mutual respect and cooperation” that have long defined relations between the two nations.
The Government, through the Ministry of National Security and Peace, is signalling that it intends to collect a whopping $1 billion in traffic fines in the 2026-2027 fiscal year. This compares with $450 million that was set as the target to collect in fiscal year 2025-2026. The increase is set out in the Estimates of Expenditure, which was tabled in Parliament last week by Finance and the Public Service Minister Fayval Williams.
A senior police investigator testified yesterday that he never identified any alleged members of the Clansman Gang as suspects in a 2017 murder on Roger Avenue in Spanish Town, St Catherine – and never identified any suspect at all – despite the prosecution’s case linking the killing to the gang. “I have not identified a suspect up to this date,” the detective inspector told the court during the trial of alleged gang leader Tesha Miller and 24 other men in the Home Circuit Court.
Jamaica is renegotiating its long-running medical cooperation programme with Cuba amid renewed pressure from the United States. Health and Wellness Minister Dr Christopher Tufton confirmed that while the previous memorandum of understanding (MOU) has expired, nearly 300 Cuban doctors and specialists continue to serve under existing contracts.
Dennis Shipping company, a sea service provider catering largely to the Jamaican diaspora in specific geographic areas in the United States, is pleading with local authorities to strip more than 40 containers that have been sitting at Jamaica’s two ports, some since last year, with emergency hurricane supplies that are no longer of value.
The acting legend died at 95 on Sunday as he is only survived by his current wife Luciana Pedraza, 54, who is over four decades his junior.
Residents in Bures, on the Suffolk-Essex border in the heart of Constable country, believe the same culprit may be behind at least five deliberate blazes in recent months.
The 23,000 people working at community care organisations could see their annual salaries increase by about 7 per cent or more under revised guidelines to be introduced by the end of 2026. To help defray the additional costs incurred as a result of the enhanced salaries, the Ministry of Health (MOH) will provide an initial tranche of $100 million, said Minister for Health Ong Ye Kung on Feb 17. Mr Ong said the raise for staff is in addition to the previously announced increase in the maximum subsidy for those requiring residential long-term care, which will be raised to 80 per cent in July 2026. The maximum subsidy for Singapore citizens was 75 per cent, while that for permanent residents was 50 per cent. Mr Ong said details of the revised salary guidelines will be issued in the coming months, following which organisations will have to make their necessary plans before their implementation by the end of the year.
American skiing legend Vonn, 41, has already undergone four surgeries in Italy after fracturing her complex tibia in a horror skiing crash at the Winter Olympics earlier this month.
A 63-year-old male pedestrian died after being hit by a bus along Havelock Road on Monday (Feb 16) evening. Footage of the aftermath posted by SG Road Vigilante on Facebook shows an SBS Transit bus service 123 stopped with its hazard lights on, while paramedics perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation on someone lying on the road behind the vehicle. There appears to be blood on the nose of the victim, whom AsiaOne understands to have been a tourist from China. In response to AsiaOne's queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the accident at about 7pm, and conveyed a person to the Singapore General Hospital. The police said the accident took place along 382 Havelock Road and the pedestrian, 63, was sent unconscious to hospital where he subsequently died. A 35-year-old male bus driver is assisting with ongoing police investigations. [[nid:730004]]drimac@asiaone.com
Three people, including the suspect, have been killed in a shooting at an ice rink in the US Read Full Article at RT.com
Ukrainian leader Vladimir Zelensky said Russian nationals living in the West should “f**k away” Read Full Article at RT.com
The wars of the future are being planned in Israel, US Senator Lindsey Graham has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Now in its 19th year, the prestigious competition honours the most compelling single images captured over the past 12 months.
TOM RAWSTORNE: Alexander Cashford was beaten to death on a seaside promenade in broad daylight one Sunday last summer.
Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma invited former Congress chief Bhupen Borah to join BJP after his resignation. Sarma lauded Borah as a «last Hindu leader» in Congress, highlighting internal party issues. While Congress leaders claim Borah reconsidered, he seeks time to decide. Opposition leaders vowed to prevent him from joining BJP.
Almost one week after the fatal mass shooting at a high school and home in Tumbler Ridge, B.C., the local school board is focusing on how to respectfully get kids back to their education.
The four youths targeted their alleged victim in Newark, Nottinghamshire, after her phone battery ran out following a visit to her boyfriend's home, jurors were told.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said: 'It may fall to William to make a decision on the future of Beatrice and Eugenie.'
TOM RAWSTORNE: Alexander Cashford was beaten to death on a seaside promenade in broad daylight one Sunday last summer.
For the first time, dual citizens - including children and babies - will have to present a passport for flights, ferries or trains into Britain or pay for a 'certificate of entitlement' to the tune of £589.
Anderson Cooper is leaving 60 Minutes after nearly 20 years, choosing not to renew his CBS contract. He said the decision was driven by his desire to spend more time with his two young sons.
A GOP-appointed federal judge in Pennsylvania has ordered the Trump administration to restore displays about slavery to a George Washington site in Philadelphia.
President Donald Trump said the federal government would help with an incident that poured 200 million gallons of raw sewage into the Potomac River.
Three people were taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a HDB void deck in Hougang on Monday (Feb 16). Footage posted on Xiaohongshu by a user named Charmaine shows flames on the ground floor, with smoke billowing. A large number of residents can also be seen gathering under the void deck of a neighbouring block. Charmaine, who called the events of her Chinese New Year eve «thrilling», wrote that she was sitting on her sofa when her domestic helper ran out of the kitchen yelling: «Ma'am, fire!» After closing the windows and grabbing their bags and the pet dog, they ran out of the flat. Charmaine also posted photos of the aftermath, with contractors involved in the clean-up.