A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Elon Musk revealed his partner, Shivon Zilis, is of Indian descent, with one of their sons' middle names being Sekhar in tribute to physicist Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar. Zilis, who grew up in Canada after being adopted, is a key figure at Neuralink. Musk also commented on the changing landscape for Indian talent in America due to visa policies.
The National Conference (NC) has reaffirmed its commitment to restoring Jammu and Kashmir's special status under Article 370 through a recent working committee resolution. This move aims to counter claims of the party abandoning a core issue and aligning with the BJP. NC also urged the Centre to restore full statehood to J&K as promised.
According to Obshchestvennoye. Novosti, the talks will continue after the break
Nearly 854,000 Sri Lankans have been affected by Ditva, with some 124,000 being evacuated and accommodated at 919 temporary shelters
Official results will be announced within two weeks after ballots from polling stations are counted manually
Apart from that, according to Pushilin, Russian troops continue mopping-up operations in the settlement of Rovnoye and are fighting for control over the settlement of Grishino
At an OPEC+ virtual ministerial meeting, she read out Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro’s address to OPEC Secretary General Haitham Al Ghais and OPEC and non-OPEC member countries
Two men were shot, one fatally, at a barbershop in Commodore, St Catherine on Saturday night. Dead is the shop’s operator, 51-year-old Andrew Richards, otherwise called ‘Killer’. The other victim is an 81-year-old man of a Linstead, St Catherine...
The Ministry of Local Government and Community Development has identified lands owned by the Trelawny Municipal Corporation for the construction of a new administrative building, following the devastation of the existing structure during Hurricane...
Prime Minister Dr Andrew Holness has highlighted Jamaica’s significant progress in reducing violent crime, noting that, for the first time in almost four decades, the island could record fewer than 700 murders this year. Holness, in his address...
Apart from that the eight OPEC+ leading nations, namely Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Algeria, and Oman, have agreed to pause production increments in the first quarter of 2026 and keep oil production quotas at the December 2025 level
The West wants still more sanctions on Moscow because it cannot compete with the Russian weapons industry, the foreign minister has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Poland’s president has cancelled a planned meeting with the Hungarian prime minister following the latter’s recent visit to Moscow Read Full Article at RT.com
Former top general Valery Zaluzhny wants Ukraine to join NATO and host foreign nukes or a major military contingent to deter Russia Read Full Article at RT.com
According to Umerov, he is in touch with Vladimir Zelensky and is holding the talks on the basis of Zelensky’s instructions and drafts reached during talks between the Ukrainian and US delegations in Geneva
The next OPEC and non-OPEC ministerial meeting will be held on June 7, 2026
The Axios news portal reported earlier, citing a US official, that during consultation with the Ukrainian delegation in Florida, the Washington administration wants to agree on resolving disputable issues related to territories and security guarantees for Kiev
Union minister Chirag Paswan claimed several opposition MLAs are in touch with the NDA, citing growing disenchantment with the opposition's constructive inaction. This comes amid speculation about Congress MLAs switching allegiances after the NDA's landslide victory in the Bihar assembly polls.
According to Umerov, he is in touch with Vladimir Zelensky and is holding the talks on the basis of Zelensky’s instructions and drafts reached during talks between the Ukrainian and US delegations in Geneva
The Gambian-flagged Kairos and Virat tanker were heading for Russia unloaded on November 28 when they sent distress signals while being 28 and 38 nautical miles, respectively, off Turkey in the Black Sea
As of now, the last post on Umerov’s Telegram channel is the one posted on Saturday saying that the Ukrainian delegation is on its way to the United States
The countries will continue monitoring the market situation
Sri Lanka is facing a severe crisis as Cyclone Ditwah has caused devastating floods and landslides, resulting in at least 334 deaths and nearly 400 people missing. Over a million individuals are affected, with low-lying areas in Colombo still inundated. India has dispatched an additional 10 tons of disaster response aid, including a medical team, to assist the nation.
From January 2026, secondary school students will not be allowed to use smartphones and smartwatches outside of lesson time, such as during recess and co-curricular activities (CCAs), as part of tightened guidelines on screen use.Currently, they are limited in their use of these devices only during regular lesson time. The new tightened guidelines, which will also cover supplementary, enrichment and or remedial lessons, align with the restrictions put in place for primary school pupils since January 2025.The revised guidelines by the Ministry of Education (MOE) are part of a series of initiatives announced on Nov 30 to help children and their parents develop healthy digital habits.MOE said in a statement that students’ devices will have to be kept in designated storage areas such as lockers or in students’ school bags during school hours.Smartwatches fall under the guidelines as they enable communication through messaging and access to apps including social media, which can lead to distractions, passive screen use and reduced interaction with their peers, it added.
Two Booth Level Officers died in Uttar Pradesh amid the ongoing Special Intensive Revision of poll rolls. Sarvesh Singh died by suicide, citing work pressure. Shobharani died of cardiac arrest after working late. The Election Commission has extended the revision schedule by one week. These incidents highlight the strain on BLOs across several states.