A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
The ministry added that the parties had expressed satisfaction with positive trends in multifaceted cooperation between the two countries
US stocks started the day in the red, with the key indexes falling by 2.9-4.6%
The Russian envoy pointed out that on April 2, he «sent Mr. Turk an official letter,» in which he «once again described in detail the attacks by the Ukrainian armed forces on our correspondents»
Grand National winner Rachael Blackmore suffered a nasty fall in the Grade 1 Juvenile Hurdle at Aintree on Thursday.
No doubt the shop does a solid trade but it does not appear to be a business with international reach. However, this unassuming little outlet on Leyton's Lea Bridge Road has a surprising secret.
Among the victims, there are 266 children under the age of one year, 831 from one to five years old, 2,600 from 6 to 10 years old, over 6,000 from 11 to 14 years old, and 7,000 teenagers
Maxim Zabelin added that it was possible to find the man thanks to the coordinated actions of the Emergencies Ministry and foresters
The Central Bank said last June that it would fix official dollar and euro rates against the ruble on the basis of reports of banks on results of transactions in the over-the-counter currency market
«the teenagers that commit crimes against public security, the foundations of the constitutional order and state security are often motivated by ethnic hatred,» Alexander Bastrykin said
The yuan gained six kopecks over the day to 11.58 rubles
The Hague-based institution has no support from “the great powers,” according to George Szamuely from the Global Policy Institute Read Full Article at RT.com
Deutsche Bank has raised concerns over a possible erosion of trust in the US dollar amid worsening trade tensions Read Full Article at RT.com
War reporters face artillery fire, drone strikes, and targeted attacks – yet keep returning to the front. They explain to RT why. Read Full Article at RT.com
American contractors working in China have reportedly been prohibited from “romantic and sexual relations” with locals Read Full Article at RT.com
First-quarter sales in Russia’s electronics and home goods sector may have dropped by 15%, according to DNS head Dmitry Alekseev Read Full Article at RT.com
The latest news on Trump’s presidency and the new global tariffs announced Wednesday.
Tamil Nadu CM M K Stalin has strongly opposed the Waqf Amendment Bill, claiming it threatens religious harmony and minority rights. He plans to challenge the Bill in the Supreme Court. The DMK's loud opposition to the Bill seems to be a strategic political move ahead of the upcoming state assembly elections.
The Archaeological Survey of India is actively coordinating with local authorities to protect the tomb of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in Maharashtra's Khuldabad. Measures include installing 12 feet high metal sheets, concertina wire, deploying private security, and regular inspections to prevent potential damage due to threats from extremist groups.
India urged BRICS nations to unite on the 'Baku to Belem Roadmap' for mobilising $1.3 trillion annually by 2035 to achieve climate goals. The country emphasized the need for strengthened climate finance mechanisms and highlighted the importance of collective action and shared responsibility among BRICS members.
La Coupe d'Afrique des Nations U17 2025 bat son plein. Le Maroc va affronter la Zambie, le jeudi 03 avril 2025, au stade Al Bachir de Mohammedia, dans le cadre de la 2ème journée de la phase de poule du G A. En cas de victoire des Lionceaux, le Maroc sera qualifié pour les demies finales de la CAN U17 – avant de disputer son 3ème match du Groupe A (dimanche 6 avril 2025 contre la Tanzanie), et sera également qualifié pour la prochaine Coupe du Monde de la FIFA U17. En effet, les (...) - FOOTBALL / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
En pleine campagne pour l'élection présidentielle du 12 avril 2025, Joseph Lapensée Essingone, candidat de la « rupture et du rassemblement », a tenu un meeting le 2 avril au rond-point de Nzeng Ayong, à Libreville. Se présentant comme un homme neuf, il a vivement critiqué le coup de libération du 30 août 2023, qu'il considère comme une illusion ayant entretenu de faux espoirs. Issu d'un milieu modeste, il a mis en avant sa détermination et son parcours scolaire exemplaire comme preuve (...) - POLITIQUE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
[allAfrica] The country that President Donald Trump declared «nobody's ever heard of» during his 4 March address to Congress has been hit with the highest U.S. tariffs in the world. Lesotho tops the list of 20 African nations upon which the White House has announced what it calls «reciprocal» tariffs, which add to the baseline imposed on every country.
AIMIM leader Imtiaz Jaleel announced plans to protest and challenge the Waqf (Amendment) Bill, 2024, in the Supreme Court, expressing little hope for justice. He criticized judges seeking post-retirement benefits and highlighted the support of Andhra Pradesh and Bihar CMs, crucial for BJP's majority.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh chief adviser Muhammad Yunus were seen together at the BIMSTEC dinner table amidst worsening India-Bangladesh relations. The tension arose from Yunus' remarks about India's Northeast during his China visit, which Indian politicians criticized as provocative.
India’s Group Captain Shubhanshu Shukla will pilot the Axiom-4 mission to the ISS, involving around 60 scientific studies, with seven from India. The mission will focus on microgravity research, impacting biological processes and strategies for long-term space missions. It will include comprehensive research from nations like the US, Poland, Hungary, and others, contributing to global scientific progress.
The Punjab council of ministers approved amendments to the mining policy, which aims to curb illegal mining and enhance supply. The pilgrimage scheme for senior citizens and a school mentorship program by IAS/IPS officers were also approved to promote religious heritage and student development.
The Supreme Court has ruled that public servants who exceed their official powers are still protected from prosecution under Section 170 of the Police Act, provided there is a reasonable connection between their actions and their official duties. The safeguard requires prior government sanction before any legal proceedings can be initiated.
Il y a quelques jours, l'Institut International pour la Démocratie et l'Assistance Électorale (IDEA International), les confessions religieuses et des organisations de la société civile Gabonaise ont invité les candidats à l'élection présidentielle d'avril prochain à une cérémonie de signature du Code de bonne conduite dans le but d'avoir une période électorale apaisée. Parmi les absents, on compte Brice Clotaire Oligui Nguema, Alain-Claude Bilie-By-Nze et Alain Simplice Boungouere. (...) - POLITIQUE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
When Johnny Thain began going bald at 20 he tried everything to fix it. From thickening powders to extensions and a toupee, nothing worked. Then he discovered a revolutionary solution.