A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
March 13, 2025, marked the 10th anniversary of Tropical Cyclone (TC) Pam, one of the most destructive natural disasters ever to strike the Pacific region.
Police have confirmed that, so far, they have not received any complaints regarding allegations of the sale of diplomatic passports.
The former chairman of Vanuatu Kava Industry, Michael Louze, and one of the major exporters of kava to the United States (U.S.) market told the Daily Post yesterday that the 22 percent tariff imposed by the Trump administration on Vanuatu…
The Vanuatu Immigration Services (VIS) has removed 11 Ghanaian nationals who overstayed in the country.
Elected Member of Parliament (MP) for Epi constituency and former Speaker of Parliament, MP Simeon Seoule, will appear in the Supreme Court for a three-day trial in July 2025.
According to the Axios portal, the parties will discuss import duties imposed by the US, Iran's nuclear program and the situation in the Gaza Strip
He believes that Trump has taken tariff and tax measures against countries that could «deprive humanity and Venezuela of the right to the future»
DISTRESSNG CONTENT: Horrifying footage, recorded on a Ring camera, captured the savage onslaught on Monday morning, in Harbreck Grove, Liverpool.
Celebrated Emcees in the country Chris Loka and Ruth Kulaisi have organised a public speaking and event hosting workshop targeting those seeking to enhance their public speaking skills and learn the art of hosting successful events. Scheduled to take place at Crossroads Hotel in Lilongwe on Sartuday 5th April 2025, The workshop is designed to […] The post Professional Emcees Chris Loka and Ruth Kukaisi on public Speaking and event hosting workshop appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
SINGAPORE — “Oh wow, she’s hot,” read a stranger’s text on the phone of Nora’s boyfriend. She saw his response: “Yeah, do you want? I can share with you.” When Nora (not her real name) discovered in 2024 that her partner had been trading intimate photos of her with another man, she was blindsided. “I never suspected it,” says the university graduate in her 20s. “It kind of knocked the wind out of me, and I just went into shock.” She deleted all the photos she could find on his phone, but this betrayal marked the end of their fraught year-long relationship. To this day, the discovery still haunts her. “That was what I found, but I don’t know if he had sent more things or if he had shared it with other people. I don’t know the full extent of it,” she tells The Straits Times on condition of anonymity. Nora sought counselling, but kept it a secret from her family. She considered reporting the incident to the authorities, but ultimately held back.
A woman was hit by a car at Sengkang East Drive despite having right of way at the pedestrian crossing. In dashcam footage from April 4 shared by Facebook page SG Road Vigilante, two people can be seen crossing the road at a discretionary right-turn junction, where cars can turn right into oncoming traffic or pedestrians without the use of red-amber-green (RAG) arrows. The green-man light was flashing, and two cars can be seen passing in front of the man and woman, before the latter is hit from behind by a third car and falls over. The vehicle capturing the dashcam footage stops before the pedestrian crossing, with the video showing the woman getting up and continuing on her way, as well as the driver of the affected vehicle stopping by the roadside a short distance away The incident led to outrage in the comment section, with one netizen noting that «not a single driver chose to stop» to allow them to cross. A commenter wrote: «Even until today, there are pedestrians who still do not know how to cross the road safely at pedestrian crossings despite the right of way.»
The Battlegroup Center continues to advance deep into the enemy's defenses and liberated the settlement of Uspenovka of the Donetsk People's Republic
The enemy suffered losses in the areas of the settlements of Krasnopolye, Malaya Rybitsa and Miropolskoye in the Sumy region
In addition, during the counter-battery battle, five artillery pieces, including Western-made ones, and eight mortar crews of the Ukrainian armed forces were destroyed
As a result of decisive actions, units of the Battlegroup South Forces liberated the settlement of Rozovka
Units of the Battlegroup Dnepr defeated units of the mechanized, mountain assault brigades and two coastal defense brigades of the Ukrainian armed forces, a defense brigade
US President Donald Trump has said that his economic policies “will never change” Read Full Article at RT.com
US President Donald Trump has shared a video of a strike in Yemen Read Full Article at RT.com
Donald Trump triumphantly celebrated a recent drone strike against Iran-backed Houthi terrorists in Western Yemen.
Après 3 semaines et 3 jours de grève, l'Apair Apurad est toujours dans l'impasse. La direction s'est enfin exprimé. Si elle se dit favorable pour une réévaluation des salaires, elle ne peut satisfaire la demande des grévistes car elle n'en a pas les moyens. Les grévistes campent toujours sur leur position à Mamao.
A senior professor at Meerut College has been barred for life from examination and evaluation work by Chaudhary Charan Singh University. The action followed protests by RSS-linked students over an exam question that associated the RSS with religious and caste-based politics gains. Professor Panwar has apologised for the incident.
Walking the streets of Henin-Beaumont, it doesn't take long to see why Marine Le Pen made this former mining town her political stronghold.
Mykhailo Viktorovych Polyakov, 24, is facing up to five years behind bars after he left the fizzy drink and a coconut as a 'peace offering' for the uncontacted Sentinelese tribe.
Snaps show a huge blaze has lit up the night sky in orange in the West Midlands county as crews tackle the flames.
The MAGA movement faces a turning point as loyal conservatives publicly question Donald Trump 's 'Liberation Day' tariff plan.
A frightening video of the sea (pictured) just off the American city of Stuart shows the shark just metres away from the unwitting swimmers - despite them being in shallow waters.
Canada is ready to become the global economic leader if the US no longer “wants” the role, PM Mark Carney has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Poland should gain access to Ukraine’s Black Sea port, a senior government official has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Up to 85 Ukrainian and Western military personnel have been killed in a missile strike in Krivoy Rog, Russia said Read Full Article at RT.com
Le vendredi 28 mars, l'hôtel Hibiscus a accueilli l'Assemblée Générale Ordinaire du Pan African Forest Certification (PAFC) Gabon. Une rencontre stratégique et déterminante où les membres se sont réunis avec une volonté claire : dresser un bilan sans complaisance, tracer les perspectives d'avenir et adopter des outils robustes pour repositionner le PAFC comme acteur incontournable de la gestion forestière durable au Gabon et en Afrique centrale. Un bilan lucide et des défis à relever (...) - SOCIETE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
With Singapore heading to the polls soon, all signs point to an intense contest among the political parties – not only for parliamentary seats but also for primacy in the ideas they champion. In the days to come, Singaporeans will certainly hear more about the policies each party espouses, whether through election manifestos, rallies or on walkabouts during the hustings. Even so, analysts say voters should consider what MPs from the various parties in Parliament have said in the last five years, before they decide at the ballot box. The Straits Times outlines where these parties stand in four key areas: fiscal policy, cost of living, foreign talent and housing. Fiscal policy In November 2022, Parliament debated the necessity, timing and extent of the hike to the goods and services tax (GST), after the Government first gave notice in 2018 that it intended to do so. The WP and PSP both opposed the increment of the GST from 7 per cent to 9 per cent, citing the inflationary environment, and suggested alternative ways of raising revenues, such as using more past reserves and proceeds from land sales.
The topic remains hotly debated, with the last five years marked by sea changes to the Republic’s foreign talent framework, accompanied by measures to lift the local workforce. Singapore must remain open to the world to stay competitive and support the needs of society, said Minister for Manpower Tan See Leng in the debate over the Ministry of Manpower’s (MOM) latest budget in March. Today, foreign-owned firms make up around 20 per cent of firms here and employ 60 per cent of Singapore residents in high-earning jobs that pay over $12,500 in gross monthly salary. To the PAP government, the figures underscore the importance of attracting foreign investments and the global talent that follows such investments, in a way that complements local resident workforce growth and creates good jobs for Singaporeans. But in a shift in recent years, it has also more pointedly recognised the anxieties Singaporeans have towards competition from the foreign workforce, and the benefits that accrue to locals.
The Lucknow bench of Allahabad high court dismissed Rahul Gandhi's plea against summons in a defamation case for his remarks against Savarkar. Gandhi had called Savarkar a 'servant of British' and was fined for skipping a hearing. The court indicated further avenues for appeal.
Get the latest news on President Donald Trump’s return to the White House and the new Congress.