A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
The declassified papers dated from April 1982 reveal Argentine dictator General Leopoldo Galtieri had advanced plans to 'disappear' 500 British subjects.
Elle met son expertise en matière de processus électoral au service des femmes et des jeunes de Libreville, précisément ceux de la commune d'Akanda. C'est sous la direction de Gwenaëlle Simbi épse Marat-Abyla, que l'ONG Malachie a initié cette rencontre du donner et du recevoir, les 26 au 27 août dernier. Il était question pour l'experte d'édifier l'assistance sur le projet d'appui à la participation politique des femmes et jeunes aux élections législatives et locales du 27 septembre 2025 (...) - POLITIQUE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Vendredi 29 août 2025, à Tchibanga, en marge de la célébration du deuxième anniversaire du Coup de Libération, Monsieur Paul-Marie Gondjout, Ministre de la Communication et des Médias, a visité la station provinciale de Radio Gabon. Saisissant cette occasion, Monsieur le Ministre a réaffirmé son engagement à faire de Radio Gabon et des autres médias publics de véritables instruments de communication modernes, garants de la transparence gouvernementale et de l'enrichissement (...) - COMMUNICATION / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Le Président de la République, Brice Clotaire Oligui Nguema, a inauguré à Tchibanga de nouveaux plateaux sportifs modernes, en présence des membres du Gouvernement, des autorités locales et d'une forte mobilisation de la jeunesse. À cette occasion, le Ministère de l'Économie Numérique, de la Digitalisation et de l'Innovation, en partenariat avec Airtel Gabon, a doté ces infrastructures d'un accès au Wifi gratuit , permettant à près de 300 jeunes de se connecter simultanément à internet (...) - ECONOMIE NUMERIQUE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Eleven drones were shot down over the Volgograd Region
Another 5,000 vehicles are waiting to be sent to the enclave to deliver all kinds of humanitarian supplies, governor of the Egyptian province of North Sinai Khaled Megawer said
According to Sun Zhuangzhi, the organization has been able to create a platform that engages more participants and market entities
«The establishment of a strategic partnership is an important milestone in the development of relations between the two countries,» Chinese President Xi Jinping noted
Former US intelligence officer and ex-UN inspector pointed out that Kiev would soon start «sending 18-year-olds to the front line»
Nothing much gets past Kefalonia's wily inhabitants but even the most razor-sharp were left in the dark about aspects of William and Kate's (pictured) recent holiday.
Legions of rats, cockroaches and wasps have infiltrated homes and gardens - with poor hygiene and climate change blamed for the rise.
The White House reportedly believes EU states are obstructing efforts to end the Ukraine conflict by encouraging Kiev’s unrealistic demands Read Full Article at RT.com
Kremlin aide Kirill Dmitriev has accused the EU of deliberately undermining US-led peace efforts in Ukraine with “impossible demands” Read Full Article at RT.com
The Russian president will meet his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping, Indian PM Narendra Modi and other world leaders during a four-day visit Read Full Article at RT.com
A seven-year Indian study reveals alarming rates of bloodstream infections linked to central lines, especially in newborns. The Lancet study, covering numerous hospitals, found significantly higher infection rates than in the US, peaking during COVID-19. Drug-resistant bacteria and fungi, like Candida auris, contribute to the problem, exacerbated by antibiotic overuse and inadequate infection control.
Model Freddy Brazier has revealed that he is to become a dad at the age of 20.
The 'significant' sum - which is thought to be in the millions - has yet to be sent to Speak Out, Act, Reclaim (SOAR) which was founded by Virginia Giuffre.
Earlier this year the activist was detained by Israeli forces along with 11 others after they attempted to sail from Italy to Gaza to deliver a symbolic amount of aid.
The 23-year-old transgender shooter slaughtered eight-year-old Fletcher Merkel and 10-year-old Harper Moyski as they attended mass at the Annunciation Catholic Church on Wednesday.
In a public dressing down shared to Truth Social on Saturday night, Trump shared video of the culprits after he noticed a 'huge gash' in the limestone earlier this week.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, emphasized that the EU should stop sabotaging a real peace process
The summit will also involve the heads of ten international organizations, including United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres and Commonwealth of Independent States Secretary General Sergey Lebedev
A guard of honor greeted the Russian leader at Tianjin Binhai International Airport
According to the regional government's department recording Ukraine’s war crimes, there were no reports of civilian casualties
64% of those asked said they were not willing to join the armed forces in the event of war
An appellate court ruling could stymie the import taxes that Trump has used to raise revenue, negotiate with foreign leaders and even head off global conflicts.
Twenty-year-old William Allyson, otherwise called ‘Willy’, a construction worker of Somerset Heights, Greenvale, Manchester, has been charged with two counts of house breaking and larceny following two incidents in his community. The Mandeville...
The High Command of the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) says its members who are currently on interdiction should vote with the general population on September 3. In a media release Saturday evening, the High Command said it was aware of...
L’Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc s'est achevé ce samedi en Europe, une épreuve mythique qui a rassemblé les meilleurs traileurs de la planète. Deux Polynésiens y ont participé : Delbi Villa, engagé sur la grande boucle de 175 kilomètres et Damien Troquenet, qui a signé une 5e place dans sa catégorie à l’OCC, une course de 60 kilomètres entre Orsières, Champex et Chamonix.
Le policier municipal, condamné pour violences intrafamiliales mais maintenu dans ses fonctions par le tribunal correctionnel, fait face à l'appel du parquet. Gilles Jourdainne, son avocat, fustige la «médiatisation» de cet appel, y voyant une «forme de pression sur les autorités» visant à lui interdire d'exercer sa profession, malgré un dossier jugé favorablement en première instance. Voici son interview.
Dans le cadre des festivités marquant le 2ᵉ anniversaire du Coup de Libération, célébré chaque 30 août, le Président de la République, Brice Clotaire Oligui Nguema, a procédé ce 29 août 2025 à l'inauguration de plusieurs infrastructures : La caserne des sapeurs-pompiers de Tchibanga et la visite des stands Journées Portes Ouvertes de La Défense . Ces réalisations traduisent l'engagement du Chef de l'État à doter chaque localité du pays d'équipements modernes et à faire de la ville de (...) - INFRASTRUCTURES / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Le 30 août 2023, un souffle de liberté a balayé notre Nation. Aujourd'hui, deux ans après, je m'adresse à vous avec l'émotion de celui qui a vécu ce moment historique en première ligne et avec la responsabilité de maintenir cet élan de Liberté que nous avons célébré dans une parfaite communion. Cette nuit-là, mû par un idéal de justice et de restauration de la dignité gabonaise, nos forces de défense et de sécurité ont écrit une page glorieuse de notre histoire. L'esprit qui nous a (...) - POLITIQUE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON