A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
A man rammed his pickup truck into a synagogue in Australia Read Full Article at RT.com
Mistakenly undercharged $198 for a lobster dish at a Siglap eatery, a family returned the next day to pay the correct amount.In a heartwarming Facebook post on Thursday (Feb 19), the owner of Cheng Ji Seafood Restaurant thanked the diners for their honesty.Owner Dai Xingying (transliteration) told Shin Min Daily News that she had wrongly keyed in the price of two small Australian lobsters as $2 instead of $200 when calculating the bill for the family of four.The error went unnoticed due to the bustling Chinese New Year (CNY) crowd, and Dai did not find any discrepancies when recording their sales at the end of the day.To her surprise, two teenagers from the family returned on Thursday night to inform her that they had been undercharged.
SINGAPORE - The family of Ms Audrey Fang, who was killed in Spain in 2024, has asked a Spanish court to keep suspected perpetrator Mitchell Ong in custody for another two years.Ms Fang, a Singaporean who had travelled to Spain alone, was found dead with 30 stab wounds on April 10, 2024, in a field in the town of Abanilla. Ong, also a Singaporean, was arrested in Spain on April 16 that year.Lawyer Manuel Martinez, who is representing Ms Fang's family as a private prosecutor, noted that Ong's pre-trial detention will soon be up, according to a document seen by Spanish media outlet La Verdad.A private prosecutor allows victims to actively participate in criminal proceedings by presenting evidence and seeking compensation alongside or independently of the public prosecutor.Citing a possibility that Ong might try to evade justice if released, Mr Martinez asked the judge to keep Ong detained for longer.The document viewed by La Verdad stated that Ong has no financial resources or ties to Spain, and warned of the risk that he could try to influence the investigation.
Muslim countries have condemned US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee over his remarks about “Biblical rights” Read Full Article at RT.com
An Italian toddler has tragically died after receiving a 'frostbitten' heart in a transplant, the family's lawyer has said.
Peter Maughan, four, suffered severe and devastating injuries to his head, chest and abdomen after being thrown from a pick-up truck on the A2 in Kent just before 9.30pm on June 1 last year.
The former Duchess of York, 66, fled the UK as she and her ex-husband became embroiled in the growing Epstein scandal which culminated in his arrest on Thursday.
The former Duke of York left the 30-room Windsor mansion where he had paid 'peppercorn rent' for decades under the cover of darkness at the start of this month.
The first lady entered the dinner in shimmering silver pants and a black tie-front top, escorted by her husband. Despite the glitz and glamour, the dinner was marred by controversy.
SINGAPORE - A passenger on board a ship where a fire broke out early on Feb 20, killing a crew member, has described the incident as «a truly terrible and traumatising experience».The World Legacy cruise ship, which had 271 passengers - including 139 Singaporeans - and 388 crew members on board, was en route to Singapore when a fire broke out in the lounge area on deck nine at about 4am. The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) said an Indonesian crew member died. He was a 23-year-old laundry attendant aboard the ship, said the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore in a statement on Feb 21.Identified only by his initials PL, he was found collapsed in the lobby of deck nine by firefighters, the embassy said in response to queries by The Straits Times.Despite medical assistance, the crew member was pronounced dead at 4.30am with the cause of death determined as cardiopulmonary arrest secondary to asphyxiation.
A funeral for one of the victim's of the Tumbler Ridge, B.C., mass shooting has been cancelled as a result of the threats, according to the local newspaper.
US President Donald Trump has raised a new global tariff to 15% after the Supreme Court invalidated his earlier measures Read Full Article at RT.com
An Iranian defense source has told RT that the country would not bow to US “blackmail” over nuclear talks Read Full Article at RT.com
President Donald Trump has approved a request for federal assistance in response to the massive sewage spill along the Potomac River.
At least six people were arrested after clashes broke out at an anti-immigration march in Manchester Read Full Article at RT.com
Shortly after 10am on Thursday, I arrived at my local High Street bank having just heard the news and, unable to stop myself, I shouted: 'Prince Andrew has been arrested!'
American social media star Kate Cassidy says: 'Today is just so sad. I miss him so much. I miss him every day and today is even harder.'
Unions representing federal workers say the Treasury Board of Canada's update only confirms what they already knew.
India and Brazil inked a critical minerals agreement and set a $30 billion trade target by 2030, aiming to build resilient supply chains and reduce dependence on China. Leaders also discussed UN reforms and technology cooperation, emphasizing Global South solidarity and shared progress.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah vowed to remove infiltrators from Assam's electoral rolls and deport them within five years if the BJP returns to power. He accused the opposition of turning infiltrators into a vote bank, claiming they encroached on vast tracts of land.
Iran’s contested program, Israel’s ambiguity, and Türkiye’s reassessment of deterrence could redefine the region’s security architecture Read Full Article at RT.com
South Korea’s participation in a NATO arms-purchasing mechanism for Ukraine could ruin its relations with Russia, Moscow has warned Read Full Article at RT.com
A Labubu-inspired effigy was burned during Maslenitsa celebrations in Russia’s Lipetsk Region Read Full Article at RT.com
A group of ex-members and veteran lawmakers have advanced an unusual lawsuit that could lead to larger salaries.
An Icelandic TikTok user known by the username ekkitommi posted a video in which he playfully tricks his father.
Rescue teams in South Iceland transported about 30 people from two buses that went off the road near Uxafótalækur, east of Vík in Mýrdalur, around 5 p.m. today.