A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Jamie Varley, 37, on Thursday told jurors photographs and footage of Preston Davey were taken because 'I wanted to capture all his life, every part of it'.
Prince William threw his arms around fellow fans and joked he would go dancing in the fountains as he celebrated Aston Villa's 'surreal' win in the Europa League final.
The Chancellor on Thursday unveiled a £1.8billion package of measures to soften the impact of the Iran war, saying she wanted to give families 'a bit of breathing room'.
When Rachel Reeves' Treasury this week floated the idea of imposing a price cap on the cost of everyday foodstuffs sold by Britain's supermarkets, the proposal was met with outcry.
I hate to sound like Mary Whitehouse's maiden aunt, but the ongoing pandemic of online porn has meant society has become hypersexualised to a degree that is increasingly perturbing.
SINGAPORE — Tuas Limited, the Australian-listed owner of telecommunication operator Simba, said on May 22 it has terminated its sale and purchase agreement to buy shares in another telco M1.The agreement to purchase M1, owned by Singapore-based asset manager Keppel, was first announced on Aug 11, 2025.Under its terms, the agreement would be terminated if conditions were not fulfilled or waived before May 21, the long-stop date, the deadline by which an agreement can be terminated without a penalty, if conditions were not satisfied or waived.Simba continues to co-operate with the investigation being undertaken by Singapore's Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) into potential breaches of the Telecommunications Act and the conditions of Simba's Facilities-Based Operator Licence, Tuas said in a statement released on the Australian Securities Exchange.Tuas will keep shareholders updated in relation to that investigation.In the meantime, Tuas said Simba will continue to operate its business in the Singapore telecommunications market.
Two women, aged 30 and 47, have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the online sale of counterfeit goods.The duo were nabbed during raids conducted between April 27 and May 19 at Yishun Ring Road, Gambas Crescent, Bukit Batok West Avenue 4 and Bukit Batok Crescent, where police found more than 400 purportedly fake items.Police said in a news release on Thursday (May 21) night that the items seized, with an estimated street value of over $14,800, included luxury bags, wallets, watches, sunglasses, pouches and accessories. «The police take a serious view of intellectual property rights infringement and would like to remind the public that the distribution and sale of counterfeit goods, including through online platforms, are serious offences,» the police said.
[ANGOP] Luanda -- The minister for social action, family and woman promotion, Ana Paula do Sacramento Neto, on Tuesday in Luanda, defended the need for balance to promote healthier family relationships, based on dialogue in terms of respect for women, as well as violence prevention.
[New Times] AI Everything Kenya X GITEX Kenya opened Tuesday, May 19, at the Sarit Expo Centre in Nairobi, anchoring a wider East African conversation about who will build, fund and regulate artificial intelligence across the region as governments, investors and technology firms converge to stake their claim in Africa's digital future.
[New Times] Rwanda Defence Force (RDF)'s Maj. Gen. Ronald Rwivanga has taken over leadership of the Eastern Africa Standby Force (EASF), a regional security organisation mandated to promote peace and stability across Eastern Africa.
Le Parlement a définitivement approuvé mercredi un élargissement dans l'urgence du corps électoral pour les élections provinciales en Nouvelle-Calédonie, par un dernier vote de l'Assemblée nationale, à moins de six semaines du scrutin crucial pour l'archipel.
A Ukrainian drone recently found near a Greek island could have caused mass casualties, Defense Minister Nikos Dendias has said Read Full Article at RT.com
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has suggested giving Ukraine a limited “interim” status within the EU, while Kiev demands full membership Read Full Article at RT.com
US President Donald Trump has announced that Washington will send 5,000 additional troops to Poland, amid a planned drawdown from Germany Read Full Article at RT.com
Israel conserved its air defenses, while the US expended a large part of its stockpile during the Iran war, the Washington Post has reported Read Full Article at RT.com
Former Kitchener, Ont., neurologist Jeffrey Sloka is facing two new sexual assault charges, weeks after a judge found him not guilty of 48 previous counts. Crown prosecutors are appealing those acquittals.
Molly Johnston, 14, is now recovering from spinal surgery that will help treat her scoliosis. She received care at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, and in the process, became the hospital's first patient to undergo surgery that used an improved 3D imaging machine, according to a news release from the children's hospital.
The province announced Thursday the dam on the Peace River near Fort St. John is being named the John Horgan Dam and Generating Station.
Thanks to the workings of an as-yet-to-form El Niño, the Atlantic basin is expected to see a quieter-than-normal hurricane season.
Alberta Premier Danielle Smith reassigned about one-quarter of her front bench in Calgary on Thursday, including several key ministers.
The spokeswoman for the office of the 80th session’s president, La Neice Collins, noted that the UN General Assembly’s presidential office has received a nomination for this post from Lebanon
Dmitry Polyansky explained that Kiev was actively working out scenarios of sabotage attacks on Russia from Latvia’s territory
Tiberio Graziani opined that diplomacy between Moscow and Beijing should be viewed in a broader context
According to DOBRO Association Chairman Zarnigor Rajabzoda, «Russia has tremendous experience» that can help develop the volunteer movement
Amid hostilities with Iran, the American military expended far more advanced interceptors to protect Israel than Israeli forces did, according to Defense Department data.
Industry trade groups reject the administration's claims, saying the rollback of the Biden-era regulations would actually drive up prices.
It was a busy one.
The relevant executive order has been published on the official portal of legal acts
Anton Alikhanov also recalled that the ministry is preparing support measures for companies registering drugs that meet first-in-class requirements