OpenAI pauses training of new AI models due to cyber risks — company
newsare.net
The measure was introduced for two weeksOpenAI pauses training of new AI models due to cyber risks — company
The measure was introduced for two weeks Read more
The measure was introduced for two weeks Read more
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
WESTERN BUREAU: They started with mathematics. Then students wanted Spanish, English, science, information technology and social studies. Soon, four weekdays were not enough. “Miss, we’re ready,” they told their educators. Saturday was added. Then Sunday.
People’s National Party (PNP) President Mark Golding has embraced democratic socialism, the political philosophy championed by former PNP leader and Prime Minister Michael Manley in the 1970s, declaring that changing times are creating renewed interest in the ideology. Golding, addressing the PNP’s Greendale Divisional Conference on Thursday night, said the philosophy was gaining traction even in the United States (US), where, he argued, there was growing recognition of the need for governments to put people’s interests ahead of those of powerful individuals and groups.
President Arthur Peter Mutharika has sent his congratulations to Zambian President Hakainde Hichilema following his re-election, describing the result as a reflection of the confidence Zambians have placed in his leadership. In a statement issued on Saturday, Mutharika said he and First Lady Gertrude Mutharika extended their “heartfelt congratulations” to Hichilema on his victory in […] The post Mutharika praises Hichilema’s ‘resounding victory’ in Zambia poll appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
The Parliamentary Ad-Hoc Committee investigating the Chikangawa plane crash that killed former Vice President Dr Saulos Klaus Chilima is set to resume its probe next week, with a new phase of witness examinations focused squarely on the events of the fatal flight itself. The crash, which occurred on 10 June 2024, claimed the lives of […] The post Pilots, weather experts and eyewitnesses set to testify as inquiry into Chilima plane crash enters crucial new phase appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
The BJP has condemned the Congress party's decision to sing only two stanzas of Vande Mataram. This move is seen by the BJP as undermining the national song's significance and legacy. The party passed a resolution to protect the honor and national character of the complete Vande Mataram. Union Home Minister Amit Shah also attacked the Congress Working Committee's resolution as anti-national.
«I have served as the Chairman of the Bar Council of India for 12 to 14 years because I was elected. Manan Mishra represents 25 lakh lawyers; he will not step down simply,» Mishra said. The lawyers demanding his resignation also sought the implementation of an Advocate Protection Act and questioned the proposed increase in registration fees at State Bar Councils.
Trump aide Natalie Harp is estranged from her brother, Preston, who has used social media and recent interviews to criticize her and highlight his own left-wing politics.
Two children were killed in a Ukrainian drone attack on Russia’s Krasnodar Region, Governor Veniamin Kondratyev has said Read Full Article at RT.com
He scored 250.21 points
In the village of Peschanoye in the Belaya District, a 69-year-old man was killed, Alexander Khinshtein said
The US State Department has approved a $5 million payout to Liberia to take in 1,200 third-country migrants, the New York Times has said Read Full Article at RT.com
South African police seized drugs and equipment in a major crystal meth lab raid in Limpopo Read Full Article at RT.com
A Afaahiti, le chenil installé illégalement dans un quartier résidentiel fait à nouveau parler de lui : après les nuisances sonores, certains riverains se plaignent désormais d’écoulement d’eaux usées dans leur jardin. L’infrastructure est pourtant sous le coup d’un arrêté de fermeture administrative, mais les riverains s’impatientent.
Premier voyage du Dory 2 dans trois jours ! Le bateau flambant neuf va transporter fret, véhicules et passagers vers les Tuamotu. Mais encore faut-il pouvoir assurer le chargement. Entre les problèmes de place à Motu Uta et l'impossibilité d'accoster dans certains atolls, les armateurs ont du mal à lancer leur activité sereinement.
Vos poubelles vertes ne seront plus ramassées pendant au moins deux semaines. Le tri n’est plus possible au centre de Motu Uta après l’incendie de jeudi. Quelles alternatives en attendant un retour à la normale ?
Russian forces also struck the Brovary logistics center, a major sorting facility of Nova Poshta, where components for UAVs were stored, in an attack on the Kiev Region
A fire ensued as a result of the attack
Two of them are in critical condition, Governor Alexander Shuvayev said
According to a press release, during the visit, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar will also meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and «exchange perspectives on regional and global issues.»
Of them, one is in critical condition after jumping out of a window on the second floor
During FY2024-25, national political parties disclosed over ₹6,600 crore in donations, with the BJP claiming the lion's share at more than ₹6,000 crore. Notably, nineteen donors were recorded on filings for both BJP and Congress, contributing nearly ₹258 crore collectively. This highlights the significant sway that the business and corporate sectors hold over political financing in India.
Malawi’s foreign exchange reserves have risen to $616.3 million in June 2026 – but an economist has warned the improvement remains nowhere near enough to ease the forex shortages plaguing businesses and other users across the country. According to the Reserve Bank of Malawi’s (RBM) June 2026 Monthly Economic Review, total reserves increased from $596.5 […] The post Malawi forex reserves up 11% but shortages persist appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
The government has suffered another setback in its bid to relocate the Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) headquarters from Lilongwe to Blantyre, after High Court Judge Kenyatta Nyirenda dismissed an application to lift a stay on judicial review proceedings. The dismissal blocks the State from immediately seeking to have the judicial review case thrown out – […] The post Judge Kenyatta dismisses bid to lift stay on MEC relocation case appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
The human rights activist Sylvester Namiwa has been granted bail on strict conditions that include a court order barring him from commenting publicly on the very case against him, the High Court in Lilongwe ruled on Friday. Presiding Judge Mzondi Mvula ordered that neither Namiwa nor his organisation, the Centre for Democracy and Economic Development […] The post Court orders Namiwa not to comment on ‘President in two months time claim” appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
The Human Rights Consultative Committee (HRCC) has called for a sweeping, evidence-based review of Malawi’s property forfeiture laws, warning that allegations of selective justice risk eroding public trust in the state’s efforts to recover stolen assets. Speaking at a press briefing in Lilongwe today, HRCC leadership revealed plans to formally submit a Reform Charter to […] The post Malawi rights body warns of ‘selective justice’ in asset seizures appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
Lilongwe’s night sky was set ablaze with light and music tonight as Malawi and China came together to celebrate their growing people-to-people ties with a spectacular gala event unlike anything the capital has seen in recent memory. The ‘Lights Across the Sky: A China-Malawi Symphony Gala’ was held at the Bingu International Convention Centre, drawing […] The post Lights up over Lilongwe! 500 drones transform night sky as Malawi and China celebrate friendship with dazzling gala appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.
For Charna-Kay McLauren of Arlington, St Elizabeth, the journey from heartbreak to hope has been defined by resilience, faith and determination. After Hurricane Melissa destroyed the home she shared with her family, the mother of three, two biological children and one adopted, faced an uncertain future. Nearly everything they owned was lost, leaving them with about nine garbage bags of salvaged belongings. McLauren still recalls the devastation left by the hurricane that made landfall on October 28 last year.
WESTERN BUREAU: Executive director of the Jamaica Cancer Society (JCS), Roshane Reid-Koomson, is urging Jamaicans, particularly employers and healthcare workers, to show greater compassion towards cancer patients and address concerns about discrimination because of their illness. She made the call in an interview with The Gleaner on Thursday, following the media launch of the 17th staging of the Kiwanis Club of Providence Montego Bay Breast Cancer Awareness 5K Run/Walk/Wheelchair event at Grand-A-View Events Place in St James.