A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
A Singaporean security guard was sentenced to 14 days' jail and fined RM7,000 (S$2,200) after pleading guilty to insulting Islam in Johor Bahru last month. Mohamed Anim Atam, 56, was sentenced on Friday (Aug 21) and ordered to serve his jail term from the date of his arrest on Aug 18, Bernama reported.He was charged under Section 298 of the Malaysian Penal Code, which carries a maximum one-year jail term, a fine, or both. If he fails to pay the fine, he will face an additional three months of jail time.According to charge sheets, Mohamed Anim committed the offence at about 5pm on July 30 in Johor Bahru.He had made offensive remarks about Islam while travelling in an e-hailing vehicle, reported The Star.A man recorded the incident and later uploaded the footage to social media.On the next day, a police report was lodged. Deputy Public Prosecutor Eizlan Azhar sought an appropriate sentence, noting that the case had gone viral on social media and involved race, religion and royalty issues, The Star reported.
When Martin Wong came across a serious traffic accident along Seletar West Link on Tuesday (Aug 18) evening, he stopped to help.While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, he assessed the condition of the injured motorcyclist before performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on him.But unlike the other emergencies Wong had responded to, this one ended in tragedy.The 25-year-old motorcyclist later died in hospital.As footage of the incident emerged online, some people started to question whether the motorcyclist had died because of the accident or because of CPR.Speaking to AsiaOne, Wong said he understood why people who had only seen photographs or short videos of the incident might have questions.«They may only be seeing one part of what had happened,» he told us.
A tape of Duane Davis, the suspect in the Tupac Shakur murder case, describing his role in the rapper’s killing has been played in court Read Full Article at RT.com
The Republic of Singapore Air Force's (RSAF) CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift helicopter was activated on Friday (Aug 21) night to evacuate a man onboard a ship who required urgent medical attention.In a social media post just before midnight, RSAF said the patient was safely and successfully evacuated in a stable condition to Sembawang Air Base.He was then transported by ambulance to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.«We wish him a speedy recovery, and salute our airmen and healthcare workers for their dedication and commitment to saving lives,» RSAF wrote in its post.Both the RSAF's H225M and CH-47F helicopters are capable of medical evacuation missions, with the latter having a longer range capability. The helicopters achieved full operational capability in April 2024.[[nid:735746]]editor@asiaone.com
A trailer self-skidded and toppled over outside Pasir Panjang Terminal on Friday (Aug 21) morning, resulting in at least two of the four lanes along West Coast Ferry Road being temporarily unpassable to traffic.The incident happened at about 7.05am at the junction of West Coast Ferry Road and Harbour Drive and did not involve any other vehicle. Map showing where the trailer overturned on Aug 21. GRAPHIC: Google Maps, Social media Footage of the incident posted on social media shows the trailer lying on its left side.It appears to have been making a right-turn from West Coast Ferry Road towards Clementi Road when it overturned.At least one fire engine, an ambulance and three police vehicles are seen in the video.
A 33-year-old man seen sitting at the ledge of an outdoor garden of a commercial building in Commonwealth was rescued on Thursday (Aug 20) night.The incident happened at about 8pm at 1 Commonwealth Lane, the registered address of One Commonwealth, a light industrial development. A video of the incident posted on social media shows Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) rescuers rappelling down the building from the rooftop of the nine-storey building. They are then seen accessing the floor below from an opening.At least one safety life air pack is seen deployed on the ground floor.In response to AsiaOne's queries, the police stated that officers responding to the incident had assessed that the man could pose a danger to himself.Officers from the police's crisis negotiation unit and SCDF were then activated.SCDF told AsiaOne that they deployed two safety life air packs as a precautionary measure, adding that nets were deployed as its Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team (DART) rescuers rappelled from the unit above to rescue the man.The 33-year-old was brought in safely at about 10.40pm.
A draft officer has been fatally stabbed during a routine document check in western Ukraine, police said Read Full Article at RT.com
Croydon Council has refunded just £520,000 of the more than £7.2million it fined drivers across two years.
Un pêcheur, recherché dans la nuit du 19 au 20 août après la disparition de son bateau à l’ouest de Rimatara, a été localisé sain et sauf. Son embarcation était immobilisée en raison d’une panne motrice.
Flock cameras are increasingly unpopular in the US, with hundreds destroyed by vandals, and protesters demanding their removal Read Full Article at RT.com
The US Navy is reportedly considering renaming an upcoming Ford-class aircraft after President Donald Trump Read Full Article at RT.com
Dozens of Ukrainian soldiers have fled training camps in Germany to avoid being sent to the front, Die Zeit has reported Read Full Article at RT.com
Each new scandal around Zelensky’s circle exposes a system of theft, cover-ups and rival clans – while suggesting worse still lies beneath Read Full Article at RT.com
The USS Abraham Lincoln is reportedly heading to the US after its record-breaking nine-month deployment Read Full Article at RT.com
The president’s political clout is on the line as he heads to South Carolina to campaign for Darline Graham. Several of his endorsed candidates have recently lost.
The administrative stay gives the court more time to weigh an emergency appeal by the Trump administration in a lawsuit challenging the project.
Martin’s clashes cost him jobs as U.S. attorney and as head of the Justice Department’s “weaponization” group.
One person is dead and the Transportation Safety Board is investigating after a plane made an emergency landing on a Prince George, B.C., road on Thursday.
The World Sikh Organization of Canada said a “violent incident” at the Nanaksar Gurdwara temple in northeast Edmonton Friday morning left two people injured.
Sahra Wagenknecht noted that German technologies and German money are used to attack Moscow
According to the DPR’s head Denis Pushilin, two residential houses and six civilian infrastructure facilities were damaged
The crew’s efforts have proved highly effective
Measures are being taken to ensure security in the area
Eight Security Council members backed Rodrigues-Birkett’s continued participation, three opposed it and four expressed no opinion