A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
A battalion of allegations are haunting the Northern Education Division (NED) following revelations, in the press, that it is engaged in serious acts of corruption, financial and sex abuse, Nyasa Times has learnt. PIJ reported on Tuesday that NED, one of the six education regions in the country, is embroiled in spates of misconduct including […] The post Shicks, shocks, shoves at Northern Education Division over ‘unfounded’ allegation appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Advisers say new engagement should be conditioned on a full ceasefire in Ukraine conflict, according to anonymous sources Read Full Article at RT.com
How early 19th century novelist Nikolay Gogol invented Russian horror Read Full Article at RT.com
The US president earlier said the Ukrainian leader understood that Kiev was never going to join the bloc Read Full Article at RT.com
India’s Waqf Bill brings major changes, including the digitization of land records and protection of women’s inheritance rights Read Full Article at RT.com
The DA maintains that a 0.5% VAT increase scheduled to take effect on May 1 will devastate the country’s poor people Read Full Article at RT.com
Malawi’s Inspector General of Police, Merlyne Yolamu Nachulu, has announced the formation of a special task force dedicated to ensuring security during the forthcoming tripartite elections, scheduled for September 16, 2025. This initiative aims to address the security challenges associated with the election process, which will involve voting for the President, Members of Parliament, and […] The post Malawi Police Establish Task Force for Upcoming Elections appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Member of Parliament (MP) for Blantyre Kabula, Getrude Nankhumwa, has reaffirmed her commitment to improving road infrastructure in her constituency as a way of stimulating local business development. This pledge was made last Friday during her inspection of the Chemusa Marketing Road maintenance project. The road connects Blantyre through Namiwawa and is frequently used […] The post Nankhumwa Boosts Local Businesses with Road Maintenance in Chemusa, Magasa Ward appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
[allAfrica]
The press service noted that Farhat «posed a threat to Israel and its citizens»
Russian doctors are conducting consultations and additional examinations
Earlier, Trump announced plans to hold another phone conversation with Putin this week
By 10:15 a.m. Moscow time, the indices had slowed their growth to 1.02%
According to Rodion Miroshnik, «this is the Kiev regime’s irrational reaction to continued dialogue between Russia and the US»
Christina Formella, 30, a special education teacher and a soccer coach at Downers Grove High School in Illinois, allegedly left a 'memoir' of her relationship with a teenage student.
Not for the last time, President Trump has sent the world into a frenzy like one of those spinning tops we were given for Christmas as youngsters. Here's how you can protect your pension.
Love Island star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu was in a secret relationship with Married At First Sight UK's Georges Berthonneau while she appeared on the show's All Stars series, MailOnline can reveal.
Jennifer Lopez looked dressed for revenge as she wowed in a black gown with a floor-length cape while attending opening night of Good Night, and Good Luck.
Marine Le Pen, 56, was convicted of creating fake jobs at the EU parliament and taking advantage of expenses to employ assistants actually working for her party.
Director of Investigations at the Integrity Commission Kevon Stephenson has asked 12 public bodies to submit to the anti-corruption body particulars of land and asset divestment, public-private partnerships, and acquisition activities. The public...
A leading civil society body is calling on Prime Minister Dr Andrew Holness to deliver on his 2023 commitment to establish job descriptions for members of Parliament. Jeanette Calder, executive director of the Jamaica Accountability Meter Portal (...
BLACK RIVER Primary and Infant School in St Elizabeth is the latest recipient of a state-of-the-art Digicel Smart Room. The school is the 20th institution on the island to receive the infrastructure from the Digicel Foundation. Senior Education...
The Jamaica Information Service (JIS) family bade farewell to former Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Enthrose Campbell, who retired on December 31, 2024. Team members gathered at the agency’s head office on Half-Way Tree Road in Kingston recently,...
THE SEASIDE community of Treasure Beach in south St Elizabeth is known the world over for its laid back charm and rustic allure, not to mention the Calabash Literary Festival. It is also home to many artisans and artists, and from Saturday, April...
A 24-year-old woman is assisting the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) with investigations after a video of her vaping on a train was uploaded online in March, the Authority said on Friday (April 4). In the video, she can be seen seated in a MRT train, looking dazed. As she exhales, smoke billows from her nose and mouth, while her legs appear to twitch. The woman is then seen running a shaky hand through her hair as the video ends. HSA raided the woman's residence on March 24, where they found one e-vaporiser and three e-vaporiser pods. Upon running tests on the vape pods, its contents were determined to be etomidate, which is a «potent medicinal ingredient», the authority said. According to the authority, etomidate is used as an anaesthetic agent and should only be administered under medical supervision. Adverse effects of etomidate include nausea, vomiting, uncontrollable movement or muscle spasms, changes to breathing and blood pressure, seizures and psychosis as well as physical dependence.
Twenty-one men have been arrested in Singapore for suspected online child sex activities, the police said in a statement on April 4 (Friday). The men, aged between 23 and 61, are among the 435 people who have been arrested in a cross-border operation involving Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. Another 109 persons are assisting with police investigations. The 525 men and 19 women are aged between 13 and 68. The five-week operation took place from Feb 24 to March 28 across 269 locations in the six territories. Officers from the Specialised Crime Branch of the Criminal Investigation Department collaborated with other police forces to conduct raids. Child sexual abuse materials created by Generative Artificial Intelligence tools and over 550 electronic devices were seized. The offences faced by the 21 men include producing, possessing, gaining access and distributing child sexual abuse materials, which carries a jail term of up to seven years along with a fine or caning.
The European Union's relations with the world topped the agenda for the April 2025 plenary session, with several debates on statements by the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, and Vice-President of the European Commission (HR/VP), Kaja Kallas. These covered Russia's war crimes in Ukraine; safeguarding access to democratic media; the crackdown on democracy in Türkiye; the dramatic situation in Gaza; and targeted attacks in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Members held a debate on the conclusions of the European Council meeting of 20 March 2025, and other debates on Council and Commission statements covered: the savings and investment union, recent legislative changes in Hungary, a European steel and metals action plan, and the new European internal security and preparedness union strategies. Members also heard statements on academic freedom; the European cultural compass; democratic pluralism and strengthened integrity, transparency and anti-corruption policies; the outcome of the recent COP16 biodiversity negotiations; post 2027 cohesion policy; an action plan on rare diseases; and health tourism. Source : © European Union, 2025 - EP
Rodrigue Bokoko, Directeur de campagne du candidat Brice Clotaire Oligui Nguema, à Mounana et environs, a reçu tour à tour, les communautés religieuses, les responsables des différents points focaux dans la commune et le département, les confessions religieuses, les chefs de quartier, les chefs de village, le comité d'organisation de la marche du 28 Avril 2025 à Mounana, les chefs de Regroupement et le chef de Canton. L'objectif de cette rencontre avec les différentes composantes s'inscrit (...) - POLITIQUE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
L'ancien syndicaliste et ministre de l'Economie et du Travail Pierre Frébault est le nouveau drecteur de la CPS. A la veille de sa prise de fonction, il est l'invité de notre JT. Pour lui, la priorité est de conduire à terme la réforme de la PSG en mettant fin à la primauté du régime des salariés. Il a aussi été question de maladie radio-induite, de CBD et de retraite.
C'est une affaire de justice qui fait écho à un grand débat de société, celui du cannabis thérapeutique. Ariimatatini Vairaaroa, ce père de trois enfants qui soignait son fils épileptique à l’huile de cannabis, avait été relaxé en juin dernier. Mais le parquet général a fait appel de cette décision et le poursuit pour usage de stupéfiants. Le procès s'est déroulé ce mercredi 2 avril. Au-delà de la sentence pénale encourue, l'avocat de la famille a de nouveau plaidé la relaxe en rappelant le vrai enjeu de cette affaire : c'est la rupture d’un protocole de soins qui avait fait ses preuves et redonné la vie à ce garçon, âgé aujourd'hui de 14 ans. La cour d'appel rendra son arrêt le 15 mai prochain.
Burco (HOL) – Twenty-one members of the same family in Somaliland's Saaxil region were poisoned after consuming meat from a camel they slaughtered on Eid al-Fitr day, local health officials confirmed.
Kismayo (HOL) – Jubbaland regional authorities have deployed a large contingent of Jubbaland Dervish Force to northern parts of the Lower Juba region, where Al-Shabaab remains active, as part of ongoing operations to liberate the area from militant control.
Mogadishu (HOL) – Somali Prime Minister Hamsa Abdi Barre has formed a high-level National Committee to support and coordinate the country’s campaign against Al-Shabaab and ISIS-Somalia.
Clean-up operations are currently underway at Pulau Ubin, Changi Beach and Pasir Ris Beach due an oil leak from Johor, said the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). An oil patch was sighted in the Johor Strait off the northeastern coast of Pulau Ubin at 7.10pm on Thursday (April 3), said MPA in a statement. This follows an oil leak at the Langsat Terminal, near the mouth of the Johor River. Three patrol craft from MPA and an oil spill response craft were subsequently deployed to survey the area and carry out mitigation efforts. In a joint media statement by MPA, National Environment Agency (NEA), National Parks Board (NParks) and Singapore Food Agency (SFA) on Friday (April 4), the agencies said that the oil leak has stopped and that the spill clean-up at Langsat Terminal is ongoing. The agencies said that clean-up operations are ongoing off the northeastern coast of Pulau Ubin, parts of Pasir Ris Beach and along Changi Beach.