A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Allan Leighton has warned that the government needs to change the way it thinks about growth in order to avoid a stagnating economy.
Injuries and deaths from traffic accidents in Singapore grew in the first half of 2025, increasing by 4.3 per cent from the same period in 2024.In its mid-year report on the traffic situation in Singapore, the Singapore Police Force (SPF) said on Friday (Aug 29) that there were 4,860 hurt and 79 killed on the roads from January to June this year.In comparison, there were 4,665 injuries and 72 deaths from January to June last year. «[The] increase in the number of road traffic accidents and casualties in the first half of 2025 compared to the same period in 2024 — continuing the upward trend observed over the past three years,» said SPF.More accidents involving elderly pedestriansContributing to the hike is a rise in the number of accidents involving elderly pedestrians aged 65 and above, as well as motorcyclists and pillion riders, according to police statistics. The first half of this year saw an increase in the number of pedestrian-related accidents involving seniors, climbing to 116 from 98 in the same period last year.
SINGAPORE — A repeat drug abuser landed herself in deeper trouble in 2022 when she offered police officers a bribe of $1,000 in exchange for permission to smoke one more cigarette, after she already had a few.On Aug 28, Radika Rajavarma, 42, was sentenced to five years, eight months and four weeks' jail.She had pleaded guilty to multiple offences including drug consumption and offering a bribe.The Singaporean must also spend another 256 days behind bars after she breached a remission order.Court documents stated that Radika, who had been in and out of jail since 2018 for drug abuse, was last convicted of methamphetamine consumption in 2020. She was sentenced to three-and-a-half years' jail before she was released in June 2022.She was then placed on a remission order, during which she was supposed to keep herself out of trouble from June 18, 2022, to Sept 24, 2023.Radika was also placed on a drug supervision programme which was supposed to last for five years from June 18, 2022 to June 17, 2027.
C’est une première historique pour le sport polynésien : la Fédération Tahitienne de Football a annoncé la création de Tahiti United, premier club professionnel du Fenua. Le club disputera dès janvier 2026 la nouvelle Ligue Professionnelle de l’OFC.
The US president reportedly believes that Kiev and its Western European backers stand in the way of a peace deal Read Full Article at RT.com
Germany seeks to enlist up to 40,000 teens annually to create the “strongest army” on the continent Read Full Article at RT.com
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has accused US President Donald Trump of only pretending to act as an impartial mediator in the Ukraine conflict Read Full Article at RT.com
A Polish Air Force F-16 fighter jet, part of the elite Tiger Demo aerobatic team, crashed during rehearsals for the Radom Air Show Read Full Article at RT.com
Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto has warned that allowing Ukraine into the EU would inflict a “deadly blow” on the bloc Read Full Article at RT.com
According to the report, the Europeans are discussing the option of moving from 4,000 to about 60,000 troops to the buffer zone
According to the report, London and Paris are lobbying other allies to help provide military assets
Earlier, Russia’s Acting Permanent Representative to the United Nations Dmitry Polyansky said that Vladimir Zelensky and his supporters were trying to render any peace initiatives impossible
A clash erupted in Patna between Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress workers. This followed a protest by the BJP against alleged abuses directed at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his mother. The abuses reportedly occurred during a rally in Darbhanga. Video evidence circulated, sparking outrage and condemnation from various political figures. Nitish Kumar also criticized the incident.
Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar unveiled the «Mukhyamantri Mahila Rojgar Yojana,» aiming to empower women by providing financial aid to one woman per family. Beneficiaries will initially receive Rs 10,000, with potential additional assistance up to Rs 2 lakh after a six-month assessment.
WESTERN BUREAU: Jamaica’s Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has called on Caribbean nations to embrace “co-petition,” a blend of competition and cooperation, as the region positions itself as the global epicentre of experiential tourism. Speaking at...
WESTERN BUREAU: When most persons think of Jamaica, images of white sand beaches and all-inclusive hotels spring to mind. But as global wellness tourism surges toward what experts project will be a multi-trillion-dollar industry, local stakeholders...
The Discovery Bauxite Partners company in St Ann has granted millions of dollars annually, to assist students from primary to tertiary level, over the past seven decades. Acting Vice President and General Manager of Chris Cargill, labelled the...
WESTERN BUREAU: The Ministry of Labour is taking steps to make life easier for the nation’s senior citizens by establishing satellite offices across the island which are designed to bring its services closer to persons who are now having...
Every step of 37-year-old Shanique Walker’s tertiary education has been funded by scholarships. In just a few months, the former Hampton School student will begin her PhD at Padua University in Italy, focusing on biotechnologies and how yeast...
The silver-haired TV star, 59, jumped into his £400k Robinson R44 chopper and took off from his home in Ashford, Kent to fly the 250 miles to his younger brother Lee's hospital bedside in Wirral.
Grieving parents John and Margaret Ivin were left overwhelmed after a secret message from their late son Chris was turned into a treasured memorial.
Abigail Garside, 30, a gifted dressage rider, had spent the day marking the milestone with husband Samuel Garside at the exclusive 300-acre Rudding Park resort and spa.
A video surfaced online showing a Jharkhand High Court judge reprimanding an IAS officer during a land acquisition case hearing. The judge questioned the officer's authority to object to compensation, accusing him of seeking commissions and obstructing rightful awards. The judge threatened contempt or an FIR, drawing widespread appreciation on social media for his firm stance against alleged irregularities.
The anti-vaping measures in Singapore may result in more tourism for Batam, according to Batam Tourism Agency head Ardiwinata, The Jakarta Post reported on Wednesday (Aug 27).Batam, an hour's journey from Singapore by ferry, could be an «alternative» for vape users, he pointed out.«If there are strict regulations from the Singaporean government, the public will have alternatives to enjoy them, with Batam being one of those alternatives,» he said.«As long as it does not violate our regulations, they can choose Batam.»Comparing the situation to the closure of several public golf courses here, Ardiwinata pointed out that Batam has since become a popular destination for golfers from Singapore.Sports such as badminton, pickleball and basketball have also seen similar trends, said Indonesian publication Teras Batam. Some of these courts have been reportedly flooded by Singaporeans.Between January and June this year, 738,186 foreign tourists entered Batam, according to data from the Riau Islands Central Statistics Agency, South China Morning Post reported on Wednesday.
A motorcyclist was spotted convulsing on the ground after a crash along the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) on Thursday (Aug 28).A video posted on the same day by the Singapore Road Accidents.com Facebook page captured the aftermath of the accident.In the video, the motorcyclist is being tended to by two men, presumably from the car involved in the incident.There appears to be blood splattered on the road around the motorcyclist, who is seen convulsing while two other men assist to lift the motorcycle away from the motorcyclist. In response to AsiaOne's queries, the police said that they were alerted to an accident involving a car and a motorcycle along the AYE towards the Marina Coastal Expressway at 1.10pm on Aug 28.The 28-year-old male motorcyclist involved was taken conscious to the hospital, they added. The Singapore Civil Defence Force told AsiaOne that the motorcyclist was taken to National University Hospital.Police investigations are ongoing.[[nid:721818]]dana.leong@asiaone.com
À 32 ans, Jonas Ipu, originaire de Rapa et des Gambier, se lance dans l’aventure de Mister Tahiti en tant que candidat n°2. Grand sportif et défenseur de la cause animale, il compte bien relever ce nouveau défi du haut de son 1,89 mètre.
Comme beaucoup d'autres professionnels, j'ai souhaité te voir reprendre le flambeau de notre grand tam-tam, Africa N°1, que tu connaissais depuis près de 40 ans et dont tu étais l'un des rares résistants encore en vie après la bourasque de ces dernières années qui a emporté plus d'une centaine des nôtres. J'ai souhaité que tu conduises la rennaissance de cette maison et par ricochet, la rennaissance de notre métier de journaliste qui nous a donné tant de fierté mais qui est devenu (...) - LIBRE PROPOS / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Ce 26 août 2025, le Président de la République, Brice Clotaire Oligui Nguema, accompagné de la Première Dame, Madame Zita Oligui Nguema, a visité le mythique Lac Bleu de Mouila, dans la province de la Ngounié. Cette étape s'inscrit dans le cadre de la 2ᵉ édition de la Caravane Touristique initiée par le Ministère du Tourisme Durable et de l'Artisanat, visant à valoriser et promouvoir les richesses naturelles et culturelles de notre pays. Par cette visite, les plus hautes autorités (...) - SOCIETE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON