A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Sarah Ferguson is in a 'bad way' and feels that 'everyone is out to get her', her friends have admitted following ex-husband Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest.
Kerry Ann Stevens, 40, has failed to appear in court on at least nine occasions and today Essex police have released a new mugshot of her.
A new record was set in the Hvalfjörður Tunnel last year, when 3.315 million vehicles passed through — the highest number ever recorded.
Police in the capital area are investigating an incident that occurred on Ash Wednesday at Smáralind, where a middle-aged man in a gray van allegedly attempted to lure several nine-year-old girls into his vehicle by offering them candy.
Singapore will be progressively easing some Nipah virus public health measures from Monday (Feb 23) as no cases have been reported in the country in connection to the two reported in the Indian state of West Bengal or the case in Bangladesh.In a statement on Friday (Feb 20), the Communicable Diseases Agency (CDA) said that it will remain vigilant against the virus even as the country returns to baseline surveillance levels.The agency said: «The Nipah virus situation in West Bengal has stabilised, with no new cases reported. No human to human Nipah virus transmission has been detected in Bangladesh.»Hence, CDA will cease temperature screening at the airport and seaports for flights and ships arriving from affected areas in India and also stop disseminating Nipah virus health advisories for travellers at Singapore's points of entry.To maintain surveillance levels, Nipah virus will continue to be covered by the SG Arrival health declarations and Maritime Declaration of Health.Incoming travellers will still have to declare if they are arriving from affected areas in their arrival cards, the agency said.
Over 10,500 recipients will benefit from a $4.3 million Ramadan support package that was announced by Acting Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Associate Professor Faishal Ibrahim on Friday (Feb 20) evening.The announcement was made during a break fast (buka puasa) session with President Tharman Shanmugaratnam at Al-Mawaddah mosque in Sengkang. President Tharman Shanmugaratnam interacting with Muslim community leaders at Al-Mawaddah mosque on Friday (Feb 20). PHOTO: AsiaOne/Ong Chin Wee According to the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis), the Ramadan support package comprises $3.5 million from zakat funds and $800,000 from fidyah contributions.
[New Times] The European Commissioner for Equality, Preparedness and Crisis Management has said it would be «difficult» to know who committed abuses in Uvira in eastern DR Congo after the withdrawal of the AFC/M23 forces in mid-January.
The TV personality, 51, was once again addressing the developing news surrounding the disgraced royal's arrest on Thursday under suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The former Duke of York was held on suspicion of misconduct in public office after a raid on his Sandringham home on his 66th birthday yesterday.
Newspapers from across the world have reacted with astonishment to the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, who was released under investigation yesterday after 11 hours.
The call comes as former HSBC executive Joseph Molloy was handed a fine and suspended sentence at Inner London Crown Court for employing a ticketing scam to dodge nearly £6,000 in rail fares.
The former Duke of York Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor spent the majority of his 66th birthday holed up in police custody.
In December 2025, the European Commission published a communication entitled Strengthening EU economic security as a follow-up to its 2023 economic security strategy. Economic developments – whether related to trade, investment or industry – are increasingly viewed through the lens of security. From a foresight perspective, this development can be analysed as the result of three overlapping and partly reinforcing trends. The first is the weakening of a value-based approach to the economy, as exemplified by fair trade agreements and the EU Green Deal. The second is the rise of geo-economics, which places the interests of countries and regional blocks at the forefront, increasing the need for mitigating policies such as economic security. The third is the growing interaction between defence policy and economic policy, with military security influencing economic decisions and the defence sector growing in importance in the EU economy. This briefing argues that these combined trends are transforming the EU's economic policy and economy, and that the growing prominence of security as a guiding principle of economic and trade policies is bringing the question of EU strategic autonomy back to the centre of EU policy. Although the increasing importance of economic and defence security appears to be mutually reinforcing, with both trends potentially enhancing EU strategic autonomy, synergy between them is not a given. The raw materials and finances needed to reinforce the EU defence industrial base require a strong and open economy. However, concerns about foreign influence require economic decoupling from certain countries (e.g. Russia) and de-risking from others (e.g. China). Moreover, the EU faces unexpectedly difficult choices in its relations with the United States (US), where its dependence on US support in defence and security reduces its capacity to act independently as an economic player and rule-maker. Source : © European Union, 2026 - EP
BJP has accused the Congress of disrupting the AI Impact Summit to damage India's global image, alleging the protest was directed by Rahul Gandhi. Youth Congress workers staged a demonstration, raising slogans against the Prime Minister, leading to detentions. BJP leaders condemned the act as an attempt to embarrass India on the world stage.
Union home minister Amit Shah accused the Congress of leaving Assam's borders open to infiltrators, aiming to alter the state's demographics. He contrasted this with the BJP government's efforts under CM Himanta Biswa Sarma, who he stated cleared vast lands occupied by infiltrators. Shah also highlighted the BJP's infrastructure development achievements in Assam.
As Kerala gears up for the 2026 elections, the future of the Left beyond chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan is a pressing concern. Despite his strong leadership, the absence of a clear successor and the need to connect with a new generation of voters pose significant challenges for the LDF's continued relevance and its status as India's sole communist-governed state.
US President Donald Trump has reportedly directed the DHS to review citizens who voted in past elections before naturalization Read Full Article at RT.com
Thomas Plamberger, 39, stood trial after his girlfriend, Kerstin Gurtner, 33, died just 150ft below the summit of the 12,460ft Grossglockner in January last year as temperatures plunged to -20C.
Charles and Camilla greeted royal fans at separate events this afternoon - with the King attending London Fashion Week while his wife appeared in Westminster.
The former prince, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK's trade envoy.
Prince Harry said: 'These children and young people are living with complex medical needs - challenges that most of us can barely imagine.
Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-New Hampshire) asked the Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general to look into the impact of accusations that Renée Good and Alex Pretti were domestic terrorists.
Efforts to prosecute noncitizen voters have been slowed by lack of evidence, officials say, while Trump aides push for a broader crackdown.
At least 34 people were killed in a series of raids in Kebbi state, local police have said Read Full Article at RT.com
A three-day meeting to finalize the legal text will begin in the US next week, Indian Commerce Minister Piyush Goel has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Venezuela’s interim president, Delcy Rodriguez, has enacted an amnesty meant to pardon those jailed for participating in political unrest Read Full Article at RT.com
About ten US fighter jets have reportedly approached China’s air defense identification zone not far from South Korea Read Full Article at RT.com
The US Department of Justice helped Ukrainian investigators expose a $100 million kickbacks scheme at nuclear energy firm Energoatom Read Full Article at RT.com
Train services along the East-West Line (EWL) and Sengkang-Punggol LRT (SPLRT) will be adjusted to facilitate essential upgrading works in the coming months, said the Land Transport Authority (LTA), SMRT and SBS Transit in a joint statement on Friday (Feb 20).From March 14 to 17, there will be no train services between Tanah Merah and Expo on the EWL, so that works to disconnect train tracks linking the EWL to Changi Depot can take place.The service adjustment follows the successful operationalisation of the East Coast Integrated Depot (ECID) in December 2025.This will be the last planned suspension to link the EWL to the new East Coast Integrated Depot.During the affected period, a shuttle bus service will run at a frequency of five to eight minutes between the two stations, said the statement.Train services between Expo and Changi Airport will run at seven-minute intervals during peak hours, while services between Tuas Link and Pasir Ris will continue to operate as per normal.
A hood of a BMW car caught fire along Woodlands Avenue 5 on Friday (Feb 20). In response to AsiaOne's queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SDCF) said it was alerted to the incident at about 9am. The fire, which involved the engine compartment of a car, was extinguished using a water jet, SCDF added.No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is under investigation.In a Facebook post by SGRV Front Man, photos of the incident show a black BMW parked on the left side of the road with its bonnet in flames. Cloud of smoke can also be seen.At least five firefighters are seen attempting to douse the flames. [[nid:729871]]