Drone fragments fall near Eisk seaport in Krasnodar Region
newsare.net
Emergency and special services are working on the siteDrone fragments fall near Eisk seaport in Krasnodar Region
Emergency and special services are working on the site Read more
Emergency and special services are working on the site Read more
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Malawi is staring at a growing education crisis as rising poverty, weak funding, and the lingering effects of Covid-19 continue pushing thousands of children out of school, threatening the country’s future workforce and deepening social inequality. Despite years of promises about free and universal education, many children are still failing to complete primary and secondary […] The post Malawi’s Education Crisis Deepens as Thousands Remain Out of School appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
There was a time when South Africa represented Africa’s ultimate promise — the industrial giant, the diplomatic heavyweight, the continent’s proof that liberation could evolve into prosperity, influence, and continental leadership. Today, that promise is flickering dangerously. What the world is witnessing is no longer isolated xenophobic violence or random social unrest. It is something […] The post OPINION | The Great African Own Goal: How South Africa Is Sabotaging Itself — And the Continent appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
US President Donald Trump has invested millions of dollars in a revolving sushi restaurant chain, his latest financial disclosure shows Read Full Article at RT.com
Malawi Police Service’s Lingadzi Police Station will on June 5, 2026 host a fundraising dinner at Bingu International Convention Centre aimed at raising money for additional patrol vehicles and security equipment. Internal documents seen by Nyasa Times reveal that the station is struggling with serious mobility challenges that are affecting its ability to respond effectively […] The post Lingadzi Police to Hold Fundraising Dinner for Patrol Vehicles appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Malawi Electoral Commission has suffered a major embarrassment after being ordered to immediately vacate its offices at Development House following its failure to respond to a tenancy renewal offer, exposing deep confusion, poor coordination, and growing pressure surrounding the controversial relocation of the electoral body to Blantyre. Property owners, Capital Developments Limited (CDL), through property […] The post MEC Humiliated as Landlords Throw Electoral Body Out of Lilongwe Offices appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
After crashing her car into a kerb in Bugis, a woman decided to leave it behind and have supper with her friends.Carrissa Loh, 30, had also refused to return to the scene of the accident when contacted by the police.For this incident, Loh was charged with failing to drive with due care for others, failing to remain at the scene to assist a police officer after an accident, and leaving a vehicle on a road in a position that can cause danger and obstruction to other road users. She also faced charges for an unrelated incident where she swapped seats with a disqualified driver and provided false information to police officers, local media reported.The woman faced a total of seven charges, five of which she pleaded guilty to on Wednesday (May 20). The remaining charges will be taken into consideration during sentencing, according to Shin Min Daily News.The crash took place at about 3.03am on Feb 1, at the junction of Middle Road and Queen Street.
By sheer luck, a woman from Singapore reportedly won the 31.9 million ringgit (S$10.3 million) jackpot at a Genting casino.She had been gambling at one of the casino's 30 «Dragon Link» slot machines at about 2pm on Thursday (May 21) when she won the huge sum, according to China Press.The Malaysian publication also stated that this was the highest recorded slot machine jackpot in the casino's history.According to a Facebook post by user Rex Chang, the woman had only bet 40 ringgit at the machine.Netizens who saw the post were in awe and congratulated her on the win.The slot machine had been accumulating the jackpot amount for quite some time. It was popular with bettors as it had reached a jackpot of 12 million ringgit last year, reported China Press.The highest amount it accepts at a time is 880 ringgit, which some high-stakes players would bet, the publication added.[[nid:735696]]bhavya.rawat@asiaone.com
The Delhi High Court strongly criticized the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) for its stance on Vinesh Phogat's Olympic 2024 disqualification, calling it a «national shame.» The court vowed to ensure Phogat's participation in upcoming Asian Games trials, deeming WFI's selection policy «absolutely retrograde» and potentially discriminatory.
Following Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari's Delhi visit, the Centre has approved Rs 39,000 crore for West Bengal's water resources ministry schemes. Prime Minister Modi pledged support for central projects and economic development, aiming to boost welfare initiatives like Ayushman Bharat and rural employment. Discussions also covered border security with Home Minister Amit Shah.
Cockroach Janata Party founder Abhijeet Dipke reported his Instagram and other social media accounts were hacked, days after his satirical campaign went viral. The movement, inspired by remarks allegedly made by the Chief Justice of India, gained significant traction online. Dipke had previously claimed to have received death threats.
A local BRS leader, Chinthalapadi Madhu, was discovered deceased inside a gunny bag near Yerkaram stage in Suryapet district. Police suspect foul play, with the 42-year-old reportedly murdered before his body was abandoned. Madhu had a prior murder case from 2008. Authorities are investigating and searching for the perpetrators.
Multiple police reports have been filed against a former part-time actor who allegedly borrowed up to $500,000 from various people and has failed to pay them back.Back in 2013, it was reported by Shin Min Daily News that the man, referred to as A, had borrowed money from several Mediacorp and Hong Kong actors, allegedly amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars.He reportedly did not pay them back and subsequently disappeared.The Chinese daily has now reported that A has since resumed his borrowing habits, and at least six people have reported him to the police so far for being owed around $500,000.Claimed he was scammed, deposits for tour groupOne of his alleged victims, a housewife in her 50s surnamed Chen, told Shin Min she has lent him over $50,000.She met A at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital in 2022 through a friend, where he introduced himself as a tour guide agent.Chen subsequently joined his tours to locations in Asia, Alaska and the Mediterranean.She said that A had started complaining about being scammed and having his bank account frozen in 2023, and in May 2024, she lent him $10,000.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi faced sharp criticism from Congress for a third fuel price hike in ten days, with the party labeling him «Mehengai Man» Modi. Accusations claim the government prioritizes oil companies over citizens, raising petrol and diesel prices again. This move, impacting ordinary people, contrasts with global relief efforts, sparking concerns about benefiting capitalists.
Sources cited by the news portal say Donald Trump has grown «increasingly frustrated about the negotiations with Iran»
President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva says more large countries must become members of the Security Council
The TV channel added that no final decision on strikes had been reached as of Friday afternoon
Depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders affect 1.2 billion people worldwide, a new study has found Read Full Article at RT.com
At a private lunch last year, 73-year-old Brigitte Macron, wife of the much younger French president, told friends: 'I'm afraid. Afraid of having done all of this, for him to abandon me.'
UN Under-Secretary-General Miguel Angel Moratinos says the world today is more than the P5
There were no casualties
Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the UN Do Hung Viet expressed deep regret that the conference was not able to reach consensus after consultations
Fu Cong says: «China condemns any attacks targeting innocent civilians»
Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN says the Ukrainian army’s General Staff confirmed the attack
SINGAPORE - The lawyer for two ministers suing Bloomberg and one of its reporters over an allegedly defamatory article said the case is unprecedented for the malice directed at Coordinating Minister for National Security K. Shanmugam and Manpower Minister Tan See Leng.In closing submissions on May 22, Senior Counsel Davinder Singh said that ill-intent was illustrated in e-mails exchanged within the financial news organisation in the lead-up to the article, and in its decision to drop its paywall and provide access to the wider public, after it was issued with a correction direction under Singapore's fake news law.In summarising the claimant's case, Mr Singh said it was important to note the context in which Mr Shanmugam and Dr Tan are mentioned in the article «Singapore mansion deals are increasingly shrouded in secrecy», which was written by Mr Low De Wei.He said an ordinary and reasonable reader in Singapore would have taken these mentions to falsely mean that the ministers took advantage of there being no checks and balances or disclosure requirements for their transactions, and that they wanted to hide their transactions and avoid scrutiny.
Canada’s province of Alberta will hold a public vote in October on whether to take steps toward a binding referendum on independence Read Full Article at RT.com
Italian Deputy PM Antonio Tajani has urged ageing compatriots to have more children Read Full Article at RT.com
More than 300 suspected online child predators have been arrested in a sweeping multi-agency operation across Southern California Read Full Article at RT.com
US President Donald Trump has abruptly changed his weekend plans as his administration reportedly prepares for possible new strikes on Iran Read Full Article at RT.com
Une dame et son petit-fils ont été renversés par un deux-roues ce vendredi 22 mai à Arue. Ils ont été conduits à l'hôpital de Taaone. L'accident s'est produit en début d'après-midi.