A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Italian Deputy PM Antonio Tajani has urged ageing compatriots to have more children Read Full Article at RT.com
More than 300 suspected online child predators have been arrested in a sweeping multi-agency operation across Southern California Read Full Article at RT.com
US President Donald Trump has abruptly changed his weekend plans as his administration reportedly prepares for possible new strikes on Iran Read Full Article at RT.com
Une dame et son petit-fils ont été renversés par un deux-roues ce vendredi 22 mai à Arue. Ils ont été conduits à l'hôpital de Taaone. L'accident s'est produit en début d'après-midi.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says a judge's ruling on Thursday that the Region of Waterloo cannot clear an encampment in Kitchener to make way for construction crews to work on a new transit hub is «the craziest decision I've ever heard.»
«Halifax, you're not opening doors for me anymore» is the first line of a new social media ad targeting Halifax residents. It goes on to say, «It's time to move on» and links to liveinregina.com. Halifax Mayor Andy Filmore says he admires the «plucky spirit of it all.»
British Columbia's nurses won't be taking job action, after reaching a tentative deal on a new collective agreement on Friday. It comes after members of the B.C. Nurses' Union voted 98.2 per cent in favour to give leadership a strike mandate earlier this month amid stalled contract talks. The union's last agreement expired in March 2025.
An Edmonton judge has found a dog owner guilty of criminal negligence causing death after a fatal dog attack killed an 11-year-old boy in 2024.
Jessica Anderson, 28, was arrested, charged with felonious assault and taken to the Lucas County Jail after the wild fight.
Officials suggested the idea to Brussels as a means of improving relations with the bloc, according to reports.
Manchester has the third highest rate of homelessness in the country - after Birmingham and London - according to housing charity Shelter.
It is an age-old battle, with both sides refusing to budge. Now Prince William has entered the fray.
Chalmers' death to Alzheimer's disease was confirmed her grieving family on Friday; aged 90, the veteran presenter passed away at the north London home she shared with her husband.
According to Vasily Nebenzya, Western countries are assisting the Ukrainian military with targeting
Jean-Dominique Okemba says Moscow remains an important historical partner for a number of African countries
CBS reports, citing the New York City Fire Department, that two firefighters and one civilian suffered serious injuries
Students are up in arms over the new Rules of Racing policy and are said to be 'personally investigating the matter'.
A sexologist mother and her partner, accused of abandoning her two young sons in the Portuguese woods, were caught sunning themselves just hours after taking off without the children.
The Maryland man was charged with human smuggling after a high-profile legal fight in which courts ruled he had been illegally deported to El Salvador.
Finance and Economic Affairs Minister Daði Már Kristófersson says the Central Bank’s decision to raise interest rates did not come as a surprise, although it was not what the government had hoped to see.
A team of doctors involved in the separation of conjoined Papua New Guinean twins Sawong and Tom have spoken for the first time about the rare and complex case.
Vasily Nebenzya says the strike on a civilian facility, where children study and live, was deliberate
Tulsi Gabbard's last day on the job is expected to be June 30