A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
A teacher accused of murdering a baby he was adopting told how when told of the infant's death, he grabbed a cross off a hospital windowsill and 'begged the Lord not to take him'.
BlackCore, a company of Israeli “information warfare” specialists, is under investigation for targeting pro-Palestine candidates in France Read Full Article at RT.com
Washington is using a familiar script: Sanctions, then threats. Next comes force – under a trumped-up false pretext Read Full Article at RT.com
Modi’s Nordic tour was aimed at boosting economic ties, but was overshadowed by questions on India’s democracy and a racist cartoon Read Full Article at RT.com
Hundreds of newly released top-secret US intelligence files detail Cold War-era UFO sightings tracked by military radar systems worldwide Read Full Article at RT.com
Gabbard, who had been leading an investigation into US biolabs in Ukraine, quit after her husband was diagnosed with bone cancer Read Full Article at RT.com
Kevin Dennett, 54, was reported to the police after a caretaker spotted the the Ring-style bell - which is modelled on the US-issue Claymore Mine - at his housing association flat on March 12 this year.
Andy Burnham condemned 'regressive' council tax as he formally launched his by-election campaign.
The head of the World Health Organisation has warned that the Ebola outbreak in Congo is 'spreading rapidly' and now poses a 'very high' risk at the national level.
Congress MP Vivek Tankha has alerted the government to soaring airfares impacting Indian workers in the Gulf. He urged ministers to make travel affordable for the summer vacation period, citing that current fixed travel allowances are insufficient. Millions of families are now unable to reunite annually due to the doubled costs, creating a significant economic burden.
India successfully test-fired its short-range ballistic missile, Agni-1, from Chandipur, Odisha. The Strategic Forces Command oversaw the launch, which validated all operational and technical parameters. This successful test underscores the nation's robust defense capabilities, as Agni 1 to 4 missiles, with ranges up to 3,500 km, are already deployed.
[allAfrica] Geneva -- History has repeatedly shown us that women are more likely than men to die during an Ebola outbreak, the chief of humanitarian action of UN Women has said in Geneva.
The organization founded by environmental activist and sea captain Paul Watson plans to return to Iceland this summer to protest the whaling operations of Kristján Loftsson and his company, Hvalur hf.
SINGAPORE — Singapore's top breaststroke swimmer Letitia Sim has retired from competitive sport, Singapore Aquatics announced on social media on May 22.Just five months ago, the 23-year-old enjoyed a standout campaign at the SEA Games in Thailand, where she became the first swimmer to complete a hat-trick of breaststroke titles at the regional meet after sweeping the 50m, 100m and 200m crowns in Games records.She also added golds in the 200m individual medley and women's 4x100m medley relay.In a statement, Sim said: «I am grateful for my time with Singapore Aquatics and for all of the opportunities and support they have provided me over the past few years.»While I am proud of my accomplishments in the pool, I am even more thankful for the relationships, experiences, and memories created both in and out of the water that have shaped me into the person I am today.«Noting that it was not an easy decision, Sim said it was the right path as she looks to pursue a career outside of swimming.She added: »I will forever be thankful for this chapter of my life, but I am excited for the new opportunities and challenges that lie ahead."
The family of a student, who was involved in a near-fatal drowning accident in April, has come forward to seek donations to support his recovery. Wang Yan, an undergraduate at NUS' School of Computing from Qingdao, China, moved to Singapore at the age of 25 and was due to graduate this year before the incident upended his studies.He almost drowned in a swimming accident on April 9 and by the time he was rescued, he had gone without oxygen for an extended period before being rushed to the National University Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit, according to crowd-funding platform Give.Asia.The location where the incident took place was not disclosed. Wang has since been on advanced life support, including ventilator and oxygen support, while brain scans showed swelling and serious injury caused by oxygen deprivation. In the midst of this, Wang’s aged parents were unable to be by his side. They are unfamiliar with Singapore and are already facing severe financial issues.Following the accident, Wang's close friend, who is also from China, initiated a fundraising campaign on Give.Asia, to support Wang's recovery.
Singapore and its people must master frontier technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) — ensuring that both companies and individuals not only know how to use them — but are also able to do something new in the AI economy if their existing jobs are superseded, said Senior Minister Lee Hsien Loong. He made these comments when asked for his takeaways for Singapore's Economic Strategy Review and its future resilience as he wrapped up a five-day visit to Guangxi and Shanghai on Friday (May 22).On Thursday, SM Lee visited the Shanghai Municipal Humanoid Robot Innovation Incubator — the first in China focusing on humanoid robots. It has plans to set up an office in Singapore in October.In a Facebook post after the visit, he noted that robots and AI are rapidly advancing and transforming the way we live and work.
Le Commonwealth de la Dominique a réaffirmé, jeudi à Rabat, son soutien constant à l'intégrité territoriale et à la souveraineté du Maroc sur l'ensemble de son territoire, y compris la région du Sahara, consolidant ainsi la dynamique internationale favorable à la proposition marocaine d'autonomie. Cette position a été exprimée par le ministre des Affaires étrangères du Commonwealth de la Dominique, Vince Henderson, lors d'un point de presse tenu à l'issue de ses entretiens avec le (...) - DIPLOMATIE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Le Président de la République, Chef de l'État, Chef du Gouvernement, Brice Clotaire Olugui Nguema a accordé ce jour deux audiences diplomatiques à Son Excellence Shin Song Bum, Ambassadeur de la République de Corée près la République Gabonaise, ainsi qu'à Son Excellence Stefano Moscatelli, Ambassadeur de l'Italie près la République Gabonaise. L'audience accordée au diplomate coréen intervenait dans le cadre de la fin de sa mission diplomatique au Gabon après trois années et quatre mois (...) - DIPLOMATIE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Le comité d'organisation d'Ibengunu ô Dimbu,a annoncé le lancement de la 4e édition de ses activités au cours d'une conférence de presse organisée ce 21 mai 2021, à la Chambre de Commerce de Libreville. Une organisation qui s'articule autour de plusoeurs activités telles que le football, le basket, le volley, mais aussi des ateliers d'apprentisaage de l'yipunu, le villi, le lumbu, des feux de camp et bien d'autres. Prévue pour sedéroulerer du 1er au 22 août 2026 à travers l'ensemble (...) - ARTS & CULTURE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Vagit Alekperov said that this problem could dissipate very quickly, so a strategy cannot be built upon it
Under the motto of continuity and security in the Euro-Atlantic area and the so-called Indo-Pacific, a policy is being pursued to destabilize and dismantle the ASEAN-centric architecture of security in the Asia-Pacific, the Russian foreign minister noted
The authors of these predictions are driven by a desire to live at the expense of others, the Russian foreign minister said
According to Marco Rubio, Washington’s allies are not thrilled about the changes
This is seriously irritating the situation on the Korean Peninsula, the Russian foreign minister said
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- Prime Cabinet Secretary Musalia Mudavadi Musalia has urged Kenyans to brace themselves for tougher economic and social challenges in the coming days, saying it is important for the government to communicate openly with the public.
Andy Burnham said the vote is an opportunity to 'change Labour' as as his high-stakes battle for the Makerfield constituency ramps up.
Follow Daily Mail Sport's live blog as Thomas Tuchel names his 26-man squad for the 2026 World Cup in USA, Canada and Mexico.
The bodies of Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, from Uxbridge, west London , were pulled from the water at around 5.45am on May 13.
Ari Edwald, leader of the Centre Party in Reykjavík, is scheduled to meet with Hildur Björnsdóttir, leader of the Independence Party, this afternoon as exploratory talks continue over the formation of a new governing coalition in the city.
If the governing parties are not satisfied with a potential European Union accession agreement resulting from future negotiations, the agreement will not be put to the public in a second referendum.