Qatar



Secretive Christian sect with thousands of UK members tells them to KILL all their pets

A secretive Christian coven has issued an edict to its members to purge their pets after a young relative of the sect's leader Bruce Hales was bitten by a dog in Australia.

Pakistan to continue import of LNG from Qatar

A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.

Shahid Khaqan Abb

Новости - mainAssistant.com

Pakistan to continue import of LNG from Qatar

A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.

He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.

Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.

The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."

It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.

The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.

The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)

Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.

Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.

The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.

Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.


ABC News

11 taken to hospital after crash involving 9 motorcycles and car on AYE

11 people were taken to hospital after an accident involving nine motorcycles and a car along the Ayer Rajah Expressway towards the Marina Coastal Expressway on Tuesday (May 19) morning.In response to AsiaOne's queries, the police and Singapore Civil Defence
Singapore

11 taken to hospital after crash involving 9 motorcycles and car on AYE

11 people were taken to hospital after an accident involving nine motorcycles and a car along the Ayer Rajah Expressway towards the Marina Coastal Expressway on Tuesday (May 19) morning.In response to AsiaOne's queries, the police and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the accident at about 6.30am.Two people were taken by SCDF to the National University Hospital and another nine to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.According to the police, those injured comprised nine male motorcyclists aged between 26 and 61, a 21-year-old man, and a 32-year-old female pillion rider.All 11 were conscious when taken to hospital.Police investigations are ongoing.[[nid:735687]]eriko.lim@asiaone.com

Police investigating after woman caught placing baby on HDB ledge

A police report has been made after an image of a woman allegedly placing a baby on an HDB ledge was posted online, sparking concerns over the child's safety.In a Facebook post shared on Tuesday (May 19), the woman, who was believed by some to be a domestic h
Singapore

Police investigating after woman caught placing baby on HDB ledge

A police report has been made after an image of a woman allegedly placing a baby on an HDB ledge was posted online, sparking concerns over the child's safety.In a Facebook post shared on Tuesday (May 19), the woman, who was believed by some to be a domestic helper, was seen holding the baby with one of the child's legs dangling dangerously outside the ledge. The incident is believed to have occurred at Block 468C Admiralty Drive.According to the poster, the image was originally shared by a helper in a separate domestic helpers' group, purportedly to warn others about the dangers of such behaviour. The poster added that they shared the image publicly in the hope that someone who knows the helper could alert her to the risks involved.Investigations ongoingResponding to queries from AsiaOne, the police confirmed that a report has been lodged and investigations are ongoing.Under the comments section, several netizens criticised the woman's actions and expressed concern over the child's safety.

Couple trapped inside HDB unit taken to hospital following Hougang fire

A couple in their sixties was trapped after a fire broke out at a HDB flat in Hougang on May 19 morning. In response to AsiaOne's queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted at about 1.30am to a fire at Block 238 Hougang Aven
Singapore

Couple trapped inside HDB unit taken to hospital following Hougang fire

A couple in their sixties was trapped after a fire broke out at a HDB flat in Hougang on May 19 morning. In response to AsiaOne's queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted at about 1.30am to a fire at Block 238 Hougang Avenue 1. The fire involved contents of a bedroom in a 12th-floor unit and was extinguished using a water jet, said SCDF. Four people from the affected block were evacuated before SCDF arrived and two people were taken to Singapore General Hospital.The cause of the fire is under investigation. Elderly couple lived in unit for over 40 yearsSitu Xinri (transliteration), a 75-year-old resident who lives on the fourth floor, told Shin Min Daily News the couple have been living in that unit for more than 40 years.They were originally a family of four but their daughter moved out after getting married and their son was not at home when the incident occurred. Lin (transliteration), a 59-year-old taxi driver, told the Chinese daily that he was returning home from work when he saw smoke emitting from the opposite block. 

Bystander describes jumping into action after car plunged into Kamloops, B.C., river

While a 21-year-old woman was successfully rescued from the car, officials say a 24-year-old woman is presumed to have drowned after the car went into the river along Schubert Drive on Sunday.
CBC | Canada News

Bystander describes jumping into action after car plunged into Kamloops, B.C., river

While a 21-year-old woman was successfully rescued from the car, officials say a 24-year-old woman is presumed to have drowned after the car went into the river along Schubert Drive on Sunday.

China is Russia’s ‘most powerful strategic partner’ – Putin investment envoy (VIDEO)

China is Russia’s most powerful strategic partner, cooperating on AI, logistics, and infrastructure, Kremlin envoy Kirill Dmitriev has said Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

China is Russia’s ‘most powerful strategic partner’ – Putin investment envoy (VIDEO)

China is Russia’s most powerful strategic partner, cooperating on AI, logistics, and infrastructure, Kremlin envoy Kirill Dmitriev has said Read Full Article at RT.com

US to cut wartime troop commitments to NATO – Reuters

The Pentagon reportedly plans to “significantly scale down” the size of American forces Europe could rely on during a conflict Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

US to cut wartime troop commitments to NATO – Reuters

The Pentagon reportedly plans to “significantly scale down” the size of American forces Europe could rely on during a conflict Read Full Article at RT.com

Senate advances bill to limit Trump’s Iran war powers

The US Senate has advanced a resolution to curb President Donald Trump’s authority to continue military operations against Iran Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

Senate advances bill to limit Trump’s Iran war powers

The US Senate has advanced a resolution to curb President Donald Trump’s authority to continue military operations against Iran Read Full Article at RT.com

Defying Western pressure: Russia and China deepen economic partnership

Russia and China have deepened economic cooperation while promoting a more multipolar global order Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

Defying Western pressure: Russia and China deepen economic partnership

Russia and China have deepened economic cooperation while promoting a more multipolar global order Read Full Article at RT.com

Cleanup begins after severe storms roll through southwestern Ontario, prompting concerns of tornadoes

Those warnings, along with severe thunderstorm warnings, have since been lifted across southwestern Ontario, and it remains to be seen whether a tornado actually touched down.
CBC | Canada News

Cleanup begins after severe storms roll through southwestern Ontario, prompting concerns of tornadoes

Those warnings, along with severe thunderstorm warnings, have since been lifted across southwestern Ontario, and it remains to be seen whether a tornado actually touched down.

Children of couple killed in mistaken identity shooting allegedly tied to Ryan Wedding sue police

A brother and sister have filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Peel Regional Police, claiming their parents, killed in a mistaken identity shooting , would still be alive if police had warned the family there might be an «imminent» threat
CBC | Canada News

Children of couple killed in mistaken identity shooting allegedly tied to Ryan Wedding sue police

A brother and sister have filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Peel Regional Police, claiming their parents, killed in a mistaken identity shooting , would still be alive if police had warned the family there might be an «imminent» threat to their safety.

Game of inches: The PWHL's Walter Cup playoffs have been a collection of close contests

All but two playoff games have been decided by just one goal this spring, a sign of the league's parity.
CBC | Canada News

Game of inches: The PWHL's Walter Cup playoffs have been a collection of close contests

All but two playoff games have been decided by just one goal this spring, a sign of the league's parity.

Lead found in water at Iqaluit’s only Inuktitut daycare

A building housing apartments and Iqaluit’s only Inuktitut daycare has lead in the hot water. Some residents say the water issues have been going on for years.
CBC | Canada News

Lead found in water at Iqaluit’s only Inuktitut daycare

A building housing apartments and Iqaluit’s only Inuktitut daycare has lead in the hot water. Some residents say the water issues have been going on for years.

Deceased Kamloops, B.C., man accused in 1986 Washington state killing: police

Henry Leland lived on the streets of Kamloops, B.C., for many years, and even had a supportive housing building named after him posthumously in 2009.
CBC | Canada News

Deceased Kamloops, B.C., man accused in 1986 Washington state killing: police

Henry Leland lived on the streets of Kamloops, B.C., for many years, and even had a supportive housing building named after him posthumously in 2009.

Tornado warning lifted for London area, severe thunderstorm warning remains in place

Environment Canada's red band tornado warning over the London, Ont., area has been lifted. A yellow warning for a severe thunderstorm remains in place. Meanwhile, tornado warnings have been issued for communities east of the area as the storm continues.
CBC | Canada News

Tornado warning lifted for London area, severe thunderstorm warning remains in place

Environment Canada's red band tornado warning over the London, Ont., area has been lifted. A yellow warning for a severe thunderstorm remains in place. Meanwhile, tornado warnings have been issued for communities east of the area as the storm continues.

NATO state rejects Israeli ambassador

Croatian President Zoran Milanovic has refused to approve Israel’s proposed envoy to Zagreb, citing disagreements with West Jerusalem Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

NATO state rejects Israeli ambassador

Croatian President Zoran Milanovic has refused to approve Israel’s proposed envoy to Zagreb, citing disagreements with West Jerusalem Read Full Article at RT.com

Trump vs Massie in Kentucky: Is Israel breaking MAGA?

Kentucky’s Republican primary is a showdown between Thomas Massie and the entire weight of the Trump-backed pro-Israel establishment Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

Trump vs Massie in Kentucky: Is Israel breaking MAGA?

Kentucky’s Republican primary is a showdown between Thomas Massie and the entire weight of the Trump-backed pro-Israel establishment Read Full Article at RT.com

‘Not logical’ to give protection to Ukrainian males – EU special envoy

Brussels should strip fighting-age Ukrainians of protection to avoid sending “controversial” signals to Kiev, an EU special envoy has said Read Full Article at RT.com
RT - Daily news

‘Not logical’ to give protection to Ukrainian males – EU special envoy

Brussels should strip fighting-age Ukrainians of protection to avoid sending “controversial” signals to Kiev, an EU special envoy has said Read Full Article at RT.com

La Guinée-Bissau réaffirme son soutien à la souveraineté du Maroc sur son Sahara

La République de Guinée-Bissau a réaffirmé, mardi à Rabat, sa position constante en faveur de l'intégrité territoriale du Royaume du Maroc et de sa souveraineté sur l'ensemble de son territoire, y compris la région du Sahara. Cette position a été e
GABONEWS

La Guinée-Bissau réaffirme son soutien à la souveraineté du Maroc sur son Sahara

La République de Guinée-Bissau a réaffirmé, mardi à Rabat, sa position constante en faveur de l'intégrité territoriale du Royaume du Maroc et de sa souveraineté sur l'ensemble de son territoire, y compris la région du Sahara. Cette position a été exprimée par le ministre bissau-guinéen des Affaires étrangères, de la Coopération internationale et des Communautés, João Bernardo Vieira, à l'issue de ses entretiens avec le ministre marocain des Affaires étrangères, de la Coopération africaine (...) - COOPERATION / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON

Rabat accueille la 2ᵉ Conférence ministérielle sur le maintien de la paix en environnement francophone

Rabat accueille, ce mercredi, la deuxième Conférence ministérielle sur le maintien de la paix en environnement francophone, un rendez-vous diplomatique d'envergure consacré aux défis croissants des opérations de paix des Nations Unies dans un contexte i
GABONEWS

Rabat accueille la 2ᵉ Conférence ministérielle sur le maintien de la paix en environnement francophone

Rabat accueille, ce mercredi, la deuxième Conférence ministérielle sur le maintien de la paix en environnement francophone, un rendez-vous diplomatique d'envergure consacré aux défis croissants des opérations de paix des Nations Unies dans un contexte international marqué par la multiplication des crises sécuritaires et des menaces transnationales. Cette rencontre de haut niveau est coprésidée par le ministre marocain des Affaires étrangères, de la Coopération africaine et des Marocains (...) - INTERNATIONAL / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON

Atelier continental sur la priorisation des zoonoses : le Gabon renforce son engagement dans l'approche« une seule santé»

Le Gabon affirme son engagement en faveur du renforcement de la sécurité sanitaire en prenant part, à travers le Coordonnateur du Projet de Sécurité Sanitaire HeSP, à l'atelier continental de formation des formateurs sur la priorisation des zoonoses sel
GABONEWS

Atelier continental sur la priorisation des zoonoses : le Gabon renforce son engagement dans l'approche« une seule santé»

Le Gabon affirme son engagement en faveur du renforcement de la sécurité sanitaire en prenant part, à travers le Coordonnateur du Projet de Sécurité Sanitaire HeSP, à l'atelier continental de formation des formateurs sur la priorisation des zoonoses selon l'approche « Une seule Santé », organisé du 18 au 23 mai 2026 à Nairobi, au Kenya, sous l'égide de CDC Afrique et Amérique. Cet atelier stratégique réunit des experts techniques et des représentants des cinq régions de l'Union Africaine (...) - SANTE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON

Alberta RCMP officer accused of sexual assault pleads guilty to common assault on teen boys

Alberta RCMP Const. Bridget Morla, who was charged with sexually assaulting two teenage boys, has pleaded guilty to one count of common assault.
CBC | Canada News

Alberta RCMP officer accused of sexual assault pleads guilty to common assault on teen boys

Alberta RCMP Const. Bridget Morla, who was charged with sexually assaulting two teenage boys, has pleaded guilty to one count of common assault.

Get more results via ClueGoal