A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Since the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty in 2009, the European Union has been under a clear legal obligation to accede to the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). More than a decade later, that obligation remains unfulfilled. Consequently, while individuals may bring applications before the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) against EU Member States, when an EU Member State violates their human rights, they cannot bring applications directly against the EU itself. The EU's accession to the ECHR raises complex constitutional and institutional questions, particularly concerning the autonomy of EU law, the essential characteristics of the EU legal order and the jurisdiction of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU). In 2013, a draft accession agreement was negotiated between the EU and the Council of Europe. However, in its landmark Opinion 2/13, the CJEU found that the draft agreement was incompatible with EU law. Accession negotiations resumed in 2020, culminating in a revised draft accession agreement in 2023. While the revised text appears to address all the objections raised by the CJEU in Opinion 2/13, questions remain, particularly in relation to the scope of the CJEU's jurisdiction in cases concerning the EU's common foreign and security policy. In September 2024, the CJEU delivered two rulings that may resolve the outstanding issues concerning the scope of its jurisdiction. Subsequently, in December 2025, the European Commission requested an advisory opinion from the CJEU on the compatibility of the 2023 draft agreement with EU law. That procedure is currently pending. Source : © European Union, 2026 - EP
Jan. 6 rioters, George Santos, Mark McCloskey and Rod Blagojevich: A wide range of figures are eyeing the president’s new settlement fund.
Wes Streeting - once seen as the Blairite candidate - called for a levy on the 'rich' that he claimed could bring in £12billion a year.
Netanyahu increasingly doubts further negotiations with Tehran will yield a peace deal and wants to resume military strikes, according to Israel's Channel 12.
May Hayat, 33, from Tel Aviv, is one of several survivors who have arrived in London ahead of a new immersive exhibition about the atrocities at the Nova Festival in southern Israel, on October 7, 2023.
[allAfrica]
[allAfrica] Sierra Leone has become the latest African nation to receive migrants deported from the United States as part of President Donald Trump's crackdown on illegal immigration.
La République d'Haïti a réitéré, mercredi à Rabat, son soutien ferme et constant à l'intégrité territoriale du Royaume du Maroc ainsi qu'à sa souveraineté sur son Sahara, à l'occasion d'une rencontre entre la ministre haïtienne des Affaires étrangères et des Cultes, Raina Forbin, et Nasser Bourita. Lors d'une conférence de presse tenue à l'issue des entretiens, la cheffe de la diplomatie haïtienne a réaffirmé « la position constante de la République d'Haïti en faveur de l'intégrité (...) - DIPLOMATIE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Le Président de la République, Chef de l'État, Chef du Gouvernement, Brice Clotaire Oligui Nguema, a reçu ce jour les Directeurs Généraux des principales administrations intervenant dans le domaine des recettes publiques, ainsi que le Maire de Libreville. Etaient présents entre autres les Directeurs Généraux de l'Agence Gabonaise de Sécurité Alimentaire (AGASA), de l'Agence Gabonaise de Normalisation (AGANOR), de la Direction Générale de la Concurrence et de la Consommation (DGCC), de (...) - ECONOMIE / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Le Ministre de l'Intérieur de la Sécurité et de la Décentralisation Adrien Nguema Mba a reçu le lundi 18 mai 2026, l'Ambassadeur extraordinaire et plénipotenciaire du Japon au Gabon avec qui, il a évoqué plusieurs axes de Coopération en rapport avec son département ministériel. Avec S.E Ando Yoshio, Adrien Nguema Mba a échangé autour de trois pans portés par le Ministère de l'intérieur de la Sécurité et de la Décentralisation, en sollicitant l'appui du pays du soleil levant dans la (...) - COOPERATION / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON
Abby Roque scored twice to lead the Montreal Victoire to their first Walter Cup trophy Wednesday night with a 4-0 victory over the Ottawa Charge.
A legislative committee deciding what to do about a pro-Canada petition descended into procedural chaos Wednesday after the UCP caucus sent out a news release that presumed the outcome of a vote that hadn’t yet happened.
A deepening crisis is unfolding in Malawi’s tobacco sector after revelations that buyers are overwhelmingly rejecting tobacco grown by independent farmers, leaving thousands at risk of massive financial losses despite months of hard labour and investment. Findings from a parliamentary visit to the auction floors on Wednesday exposed what lawmakers and farmer representatives are now […] The post Tobacco Buyers Shut Out Independent Farmers as Rejection Rates Hit Shocking 93 Percent appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Malawi is no longer a functioning democracy; it is an economic capture project run by a powerful, multi-layered cartel that controls the government, the courts, the media, and the marketplace. That is the explosive diagnostic delivered by United Democratic Front (UDF) President Atupele Muluzi during a hard-hitting interview on PODCAST Malawi. Stepping directly into the […] The post THE CARTEL STATE: Inside Atupele Muluzi’s Radical Call for a ‘Third Liberation’ appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
The Art and Global Health Center Africa (AGHCA) has called for stronger and renewed commitment from all stakeholders in addressing the welfare challenges facing refugees at Dzaleka Refugee Camp in Dowa District. Speaking on Wednesday in Mzuzu after a screening of the film “We Name Ourselves,” AGHCA Executive Director Rodger Phiri challenged journalists to investigate […] The post ArtGlo Health Center Speaks Out On Plight Of Refugees At Dzaleka appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Blantyre has witnessed a dramatic twist worthy of a police drama script, after four police recruits were arrested for allegedly using fake Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) results to secure training — only to be stopped right at the finish line. Blantyre Police spokesperson Mary Chiponda confirmed the arrest, saying the recruits were picked […] The post Four Police Recruits Arrested Over Fake MSCE Certificates Hours Before Pass-Out Parade appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
For years, accessing reliable DNA testing and professional background verification services in Malawi has been a major challenge. Because these services were considered expensive and highly secretive, many Malawians were left vulnerable to paternity shocks, identity fraud, and costly hiring mistakes. To bridge this gap, a local company called Attestation Background Checks and ABC DNA […] The post DNA Tests and Background Checks Become Accessible Locally in Malawi appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Now never-before-seen photographs of the stars gathered at the intimate farewell meal marking the end of the show have emerged in a sale from Matthew Perry's estate.
Of all the crass ideas to emerge from HM Treasury under the stewardship of Rachel Reeves, few are as wrongheaded as the Chancellor's proposal for a socialist 'price cap' on groceries.
Ryanair has consistently reassured passengers its fuel supply is well-hedged, but what does the future look like for the budget airline?
The final whistle in Istanbul last night secured Aston Villa their first major trophy in 30 years, but also unleashed an intensity of emotion in Prince William never seen before.
Malawians are facing mounting economic pressure following a new report by the National Statistics Office (NSO) showing that April’s fuel price increase has triggered a sharp rise in non-food inflation, worsening the cost of living crisis already gripping households across the country. The latest Consumer Price Index (CPI) report for April 2026 reveals that non-food […] The post NSO Report Paints Bleak Picture for Malawi’s Economy as Fuel Hike Drives Sharp Surge in Non-Food Inflation appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Deputy Minister of Homeland Security Norman Chisale has triggered a political firestorm after openly boasting that he ordered the teargassing of Malawi Congress Party (MCP) supporters and former President Lazarus Chakwera in Lilongwe, declaring that the opposition “does not listen” and deserved the treatment because “it is what they did to me.” In remarks now […] The post “I Teargassed Them Because They Don’t Listen” — Chisale’s Explosive Remarks Ignite Fears of Political Retaliation and Abuse of State Power appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Minister of Youth, Sports and Culture Alfred Gangata has reportedly confronted the Football Association of Malawi (FAM) leadership over the Flames’ continued poor performances, demanding answers amid growing public frustration over the state of football in the country. During a closed-door meeting held at Bingu National Stadium in Lilongwe on Tuesday, Gangata is said to […] The post Minister Gangata Cracks the Whip on FAM Over Flames’ Continued Collapse appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
Old Mutual Malawi has intensified its nationwide financial literacy campaign by engaging members of the Malawi Defence Force (MDF) and several civilian institutions in a series of financial education workshops aimed at equipping people with practical money management skills during the country’s difficult economic period. The initiative, which has already reached hundreds of participants across […] The post Old Mutual Expands Financial Literacy Drive to MDF and Other Institutions Amid Growing Economic Pressure appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
A new study has revealed a worrying shift in Malawi’s rural economy, showing that millions of people are increasingly abandoning work in their own gardens to survive on low-paying piecework locally known as ganyu — a trend experts warn is deepening poverty and food insecurity across the country. The findings, released by the International Food […] The post Study Reveals Millions of Rural Malawians Trapped in Poverty as ‘Ganyu’ Replaces Farming appeared first on Malawi Nyasa Times - News from Malawi about Malawi.
[The Conversation Africa] The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is grappling with a rising Ebola epidemic, with almost 600 cases detected so far and more than 130 deaths.
[UN News] Facing a fast-moving Ebola outbreak caused by a rare strain of the virus, the World Health Organization (WHO) is relying on a rapid, community-centred response to halt transmission in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda, a senior official has told UN News.
The German Interior Ministry is mulling offering Syrian refugees $9,300 to encourage them to go back to their home country, Focus has said Read Full Article at RT.com
Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz slightly increased as Iran offers an insurance scheme and NATO is reportedly considering intervening Read Full Article at RT.com
Pour la première fois dans les forces armées en Polynésie française, un malinois provenant d’un élevage polynésien va être certifié « OPS ».
Après deux jours de colloque consacrés au cancer en Polynésie, une délégation médicale venue de Martinique ainsi que le président de la ligue nationale contre le cancer poursuivent leur déplacement dans les hôpitaux du Taaone et de Taravao. Une visite de terrain pour mieux mesurer les difficultés rencontrées par les territoires insulaires face aux cancers et l’importance de la prévention avant même l’apparition de la maladie