A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
Quentin Griffiths, 58, mysteriously plunged from the 17th floor of his condominium in Pattaya, according to reports.
There has so far been no word from Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson or their daughters Beatrice, 37 and Eugenie, 35, and questions have been mounting over their whereabouts.
Eric Dane's celebrity friends and former castmates have been left heartbroken over his death at age 53, with Ashton Kutcher and Selma Blair leading emotional tributes to the late actor.
You might imagine Sarah Ferguson would be untouchable, commercially, given the stream of revelations about her friendship with the late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Eric Dane, who was catapulted to fame after starring as the heartthrob McSteamy on Grey's Anatomy, has died at 53.
Premier Danielle Smith wants to hold a referendum in October on measures to limit immigration to Alberta and changes she believes would give the province more rights under the Constitution.
[New Zimbabwe] Bellarmine Chatunga, the son of late former President Robert Mugabe , has been arrested in South Africa after allegedly opening fire on an employee at his home in Hyde Park, Johannesburg.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has launched its new Corporate Plan, setting out the strategic direction for strengthening the national health system and improving access to quality services across Vanuatu over the next five years.
The Court of Appeal (COA) has dismissed an appeal by Parmod Achary against the Ombudsman of the Republic of Vanuatu, upholding a Supreme Court decision to strike out his second civil claim.
The Supreme Court of Vanuatu has set a schedule for proceedings in a case filed by ten Port Vila City Council (PVCC) councillors following their suspension earlier this month by the Minister of Internal Affairs.
WESTERN BUREAU: Amid the discussions about the Government’s plan to impose a tax on sugary drink as part of its 2026-2027 Budget, Dr Delroy Fray, the clinical coordinator at the Western Regional Health Authority (WRHA), says Jamaicans will need a total cultural shift to accept dietary changes to mprove their health.
Tension is rising in several communities along the Mountain View Avenue corridor in East Kingston after weeks of deadly shootings, the latest of which occurred in broad daylight on Thursday. Police are investigating the killing of a man around 1:15 p.m. near a restaurant on the usually busy thoroughfare. He has been identified only as Robert and is said to have been employed at nearby Excelsior High School.
A new survey co-published by the Mico Foundation and Jamaicans for Justice (JFJ) has highlighted the top three human rights violations reported in 10 Kingston communities as domestic violence, police violence and address-based employment denial or structural discrimination. The 2025 survey, dubbed Citizens’ Rights, Roles, Responsibilities and Practices,was conducted by Mico’s Institute of Technological and Educational Research and released yesterday at the institution.
WESTERN BUREAU: Caribbean former heads of government have issued an extraordinary joint appeal condemning what they describe as a “catastrophic fuel blockade” against Cuba, warning that the island’s 11 million citizens face severe humanitarian consequences. In a statement released on Wednesday, the former leaders condemned a January 29 United States executive order targeting nations that supply oil to Cuba, arguing that the measure amounts to economic warfare and risks deepening an already fragile humanitarian situation.
Pembroke Hall High School Principal Reverend Claude Ellis is calling on the Government to redirect its resources into the primary and early childhood sectors to address educational gaps being identified in students at the secondary level. Ellis, whose school receives students reading several levels below grade seven, said if this is not done, some high schools may continue to function as remedial centres.
A fire broke out at a Housing and Development Board (HDB) flat in Jurong West on the third day of Chinese New Year (Feb 19).The incident happened at about 1.05pm on Thursday at Block 337A Tah Ching Road.A video of the incident posted by realtor Aaron Wong, who lives across from the affected block, showed black smoke and flames coming out from the window of a bedroom on the 12th floor.Wong and his sister could be heard shouting across the block to alert residents there about the fire.Speaking to AsiaOne on Friday, Wong said that their maid, who was in the kitchen at the time, had heard a loud «boom» as the fire broke out.«She alerted us to the fire and my sister called the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF),» he added.According to Wong, who was formerly a Singapore Airlines cabin crew, his instincts kicked in due to the training he had received at the airline.«We were just concerned about the safety of those staying there, especially the elders,» he said.At least five residents, including domestic workers with the elderly in their care, self-evacuated prior to SCDF's arrival.
A 33-year-old car driver crashed head-on into an SBS Transit bus after running a red light along Upper Changi Road North on Feb 14. Dashcam footage of the accident posted on Facebook on Tuesday (Feb 17) by SGRV Admin shows a silver Honda civic speeding past a red light. An SBS Transit bus service 5 was making a right turn at the same time and the car, which was unable to stop in time, smashes directly into the bus. The police and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told AsiaOne they were alerted to the accident at the junction of Upper Changi Road North and Flora Drive at around 2.45pm.The male car driver was taken to Changi General Hospital and is assisting with investigations, the authorities said. Police investigations are ongoing.Netizens had mixed reactions about the incident as some debated that the traffic light design was misleading while others argued the driver did not observe safe driving habits.
A 45-year-old man was found dead in Tampines on Feb 17, inside a Chinese New Year bazaar tent set up outside a Sheng Siong supermarket.In response to AsiaOne's queries, the police and said that they were alerted at about 8.50am to a case of unnatural death at Block 506 Tampines Central 1. A coffee shop employee, identified as 64-year-old Liao, told Shin Min Daily News that he was passing by the supermarket at about 9am when he saw that police had cordoned off the front of the supermarket.When reporters got to the scene, police had covered the body with a white cloth, with the Chinese New Year goods display area still sealed off to the public. Sidaya (transliteration), 31, who works at a nearby grocery store, told the Chinese evening daily that she saw the man at around 8am, lying on the ground with his arms and legs outstretched as though asleep. Sidaya said that staff from Sheng Siong supermarket had tried to wake the man but he did not respond, so they called the police. The man was pronounced dead at the scene by a Singapore Civil Defence Force parademic.
Delcy Rodriguez thanked the legislators, officials for an «exceptional political maturity»
According to the report, the consultations helped to raise the «ability to process significant cases related to corruption in Ukraine’s state-owned energy corporation»
The potential measure raises concerns among several EU states over a military confrontation risk
Former British MP Jack Lopresti has said that he joined Ukraine’s neo-Nazi Azov brigade Read Full Article at RT.com
RT breaks down Vladimir Zelensky’s recent profanity-laden interviews Read Full Article at RT.com
The leaders of France and Italy have clashed over the murder of a right-wing activist in France Read Full Article at RT.com
International Reporters’ official says the organization witnesses a second detention of its journalist in six months
Sergey Stepashin says believes that the summit was a breakthrough