A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abb
A Pakistani cabinet minister says Islamabad will continue to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar under a 15-year agreement, despite the severing of diplomatic ties with Qatar by Saudi Arabia and some other countries.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the federal minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources, said Qatar and Pakistan last year signed a $1 billion agreement, under which Qatar's Liquefied Gas Company Limited will sell LNG from 2016 to year 2031 to state-run Pakistan State Oil.
He said since no sanctions have been imposed on Qatar by the United Nations, Pakistan and Qatar were bound to abide by the agreement.
Qatar has released an initial report into the alleged hack of its state-run news agency, an incident which helped spark a diplomatic crisis between the energy-rich country and Arab nations.
The Qatari Interior Ministry said late Wednesday that the website of the Qatar News Agency was initially hacked in April with "high techniques and innovative methods."
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
It said hackers installed a file and then published a fake news item attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, just after midnight May 24.
The ministry did not say who it suspected carried out the attack. It also thanked the FBI and the British National Commission for Combating Crime for assisting it in its investigation.
The alleged fake news item, which had Sheikh Tamim making controversial comments on Iran and Israel, immediately was picked up by Saudi and Emirati media, laying the groundwork for the crisis that began Monday (05.06.2017.)
Kuwait's emir has traveled to Qatar and met that country's leader as part of his efforts to mediate an end to a crisis that's seen Arab nations cut ties to the energy-rich country and attempt to isolate it.
Kuwait's Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah was met planeside by Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, when he arrived on Wednesday night.
The two held talks, though details of their discussions were not released. Sheikh Sabah earlier Wednesday traveled to Dubai where he met with Abu Dhabi's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who also serves as prime minister and vice president of the UAE.
Sheikh Sabah also has traveled to Saudi Arabia in his efforts.
The ex-England rugby star, 47, who is married to the Duke of Sussex's cousin Zara Phillips, cracked the joke at Harry's expense at the Hay Festival.
SINGAPORE — The Court of Appeal has upheld a woman’s 99 per cent stake in a $1.865 million condo even though her former boyfriend paid for most of it, after finding that his evidence for a bigger claim was “inconsistent and unreliable”.And even if the three-judge court had not found that the couple intended for the 99:1 ratio to reflect their legal and beneficial ownership, Justice of the Court of Appeal Hri Kumar Nair pointed out on May 20 that allowing the man’s claim for a bigger share would amount to condoning an illegal purpose to evade the additional buyer’s stamp duty (ABSD).The man, Mr Jake Ngor, 35, was also ordered to pay his former girlfriend, Ms Millie Wong, 38, $50,000 in costs for the appeal. In December 2019, they had bought a Hillcrest Arcadia condominium unit in Bukit Timah and registered their ownership in the ratio of 99:1. But several months after the condo’s purchase was completed in 2020, they broke up, and Mr Ngor in 2023 sued Ms Wong after a dispute arose over ownership.
The Marine Parade-Braddell Heights Town Council (MPBHTC) is trialling the use of a cleaning robot which can independently call for and take the lift at an HDB block.It is the first time that such a robot is being tested in a public housing estate, said the town council on Friday (May 22).Based at the 19-storey Block 37C Eunos Road 2, the automaton is programmed to sweep and mop floors and can also be tasked to scrub lift lobbies.On a full charge, it can work for three hours, and it takes about 20 minutes to clean one floor and will return to its docking station to recharge when battery runs low.As it has been integrated with the block's lift system, it can self-activate an available lift to independently travel across different floors.MP Tin Pei Ling, who is council chair, said on Friday that the robot will support the work of estate cleaners and boost productivity.«We had explored this idea some time ago, but the solution wasn't as ideal back then especially given the unique, highly built-up environment in a HDB estate,» she said.
Senior Minister of State for Manpower and Health Koh Poh Koon said his decision to resign was «made with a heavy heart» after «much deliberation and discussion» with family.In a video on Facebook on Friday (May 22), Dr Koh described serving as a political officer holder as «one of the greatest honours» of his life.However, this came at a price: «I have been an absent husband, father, and son since I stepped into politics in 2015, placing the needs of Singapore and my constituents above my family,» the 54-year-old father of two said.«For too long, my wife has carried much of the burden at home, often having to look after our parents and our children on her own.»Right now now, my family needs my attention in a way that is not compatible with the demands of political office. Even as I continue my work as Member of Parliament, I will need to step up and better support my wife and do what is right for our family," he added.
[allAfrica] An angry crowd attacked and partially burned sections of Rwampara General Hospital in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo.
[The New Humanitarian] Bunia & Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo -- «It's going to be a real race against time.»
Follow Daily Mail Sport's live blog as Thomas Tuchel names his 26-man squad for the 2026 World Cup in USA, Canada and Mexico.
Ukrainian forces have struck a school dormitory in the Russian town of Starobelsk, local authorities have said Read Full Article at RT.com
A Ukrainian drone strike in Russia’s Lugansk People’s Republic has targeted a school dorm with 86 students inside, officials have said Read Full Article at RT.com
Ukraine has repatriated late Nazi collaborator and OUN leader Andrey Melnik from Luxembourg Read Full Article at RT.com
The broadcaster spent time inside the Terrorism Confinement Center (Cecot) in El Salvador, where suspected gang members sit in metal bunks stacked four beds high in concrete cells.
Sandra Thomas, 65, has been ordered to repay £2.6 million to the late Jeanne MacDougall's estate, after she and her husband Philip raided her bank accounts.
Thomas Tuchel has confirmed the leak of his England World Cup squad was correct - with a series of big-name stars axed for this summer's trip to the United States.
Michelmersh Brick Holdings' Charnwood Plant, in the Leicestershire market town Shepshed, has been building homes with traditional handmade red bricks since the Victorian era.
Follow Daily Mail Sport's live blog as Thomas Tuchel names his 26-man squad for the 2026 World Cup in USA, Canada and Mexico.
The Supreme Court has assured three academics that harsh remarks against them in a previous order will be deleted. These remarks stemmed from a Class 8 NCERT chapter on judicial corruption. The court clarified its concern was the chapter's content, not the individuals, emphasizing the need for balanced academic discussions on the judiciary while respecting constitutional frameworks.
Mount Everest, often a site of triumph, turned somber as two Indian climbers, Arun Kumar Tiwari and Sandeep Are, tragically lost their lives while descending from its peak. Reports confirmed their deaths on Friday, with experts suggesting extreme fatigue was to blame.
A jhalmuri vendor from Jhargram, who served Prime Minister Modi, claims to be receiving threatening calls from Pakistan and Bangladesh. The vendor, Vikram Sao, has informed the police, who have provided security. Sao, the sole breadwinner, fears for his safety while cycling and has appealed to the PM for protection after his interaction went viral.
With the affluent, honeyed town of Stamford close by, and footfall from Leicester, Peterborough and Nottingham guaranteed, has Japanese-inspired brand made a genius move?
Gemma Fox had a promising career as the Police Federation's deputy national secretary but claims she was ousted after accusing chief executive Mukund Krishna of corruption.
[HRW] Kinshasa -- Visiting Human Rights Watch Head Presses Senior Officials to Change Course
[allAfrica]
[allAfrica] An angry crowd attacked and partially burned sections of Rwampara General Hospital in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Rodion Miroshnik said there were 86 children aged between 14 and 18 in the facility at the time of the attack
The UAVs were shot down over the districts of Belgorod, Bryansk, Voronezh, Vladimir, Kaluga, Kursk, Leningrad, Lipetsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Novgorod, Oryol, Ryazan, Smolensk, Tver, Tula, and Yaroslavl, as well as the Moscow Region and St. Petersburg
The US leader said the measure «could have been a blocker» to AI development, which benefits the US economy
The Moscow Exchange and RTS indices were down 0.26%, to 2,657.36 and 1,182.55 points, respectively
Airborne surveillance crews are covering the republic’s civilian population and critical civilian infrastructure
The Jamaica Bauxite Institute (JBI), in collaboration with Discovery Bauxite, has announced a special economic incentive project set to benefit 80 chicken farmers in the company’s operating areas in western St Ann. The grant will support start-up initiatives and continue successful broiler projects previously implemented by the JBI to assist farmers in communities near bauxite mining operations.
WESTERN BUREAU: Scores of farmers in St Elizabeth and other western parishes devastated by Hurricane Melissa are expected to benefit from a US$50-million ($7.9 billion) recovery and resilience programme to be rolled out by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Mining. The initiative is funded by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) and is scheduled to begin in September.
For 176 years, St George’s College has been one of Jamaica’s most respected schools, shaping generations of students through academic excellence, discipline, leadership, and service. This year’s St George’s Week again transformed the North Street campus into a vivid display of school pride and achievement, as students, staff and alumni gathered to celebrate the institution’s long-standing legacy.