Select a country

[MAJ] Incendie à Motu Uta : du carton et du papier en feu

Un incendie s'est déclaré vers 5 heures ce jeudi matin sur le site d'Enviropol, à Motu Uta. Cinq engins de secours sont engagés. La police municipale et la police nationale sont également sur place.
polynésie

[MAJ] Incendie à Motu Uta : du carton et du papier en feu

Un incendie s'est déclaré vers 5 heures ce jeudi matin sur le site d'Enviropol, à Motu Uta. Cinq engins de secours sont engagés. La police municipale et la police nationale sont également sur place.

Singapour : Tahiti décroche trois titres mondiaux et bat trois records du monde en va’a

Pour cette première journée des championnats du monde de va’a vitesse, les Tahitiens ont frappé fort. Plusieurs titres, des records du monde et une entrée en matière presque parfaite, malgré quelques courses où la concurrence, notamment néo-zélanda
polynésie

Singapour : Tahiti décroche trois titres mondiaux et bat trois records du monde en va’a

Pour cette première journée des championnats du monde de va’a vitesse, les Tahitiens ont frappé fort. Plusieurs titres, des records du monde et une entrée en matière presque parfaite, malgré quelques courses où la concurrence, notamment néo-zélandaise, a montré qu’elle comptait bien bousculer la hiérarchie.

Norwegian company assesses tunnel to the Westman Islands

Eyjagöng ehf. has signed an agreement with Norwegian consulting firm Norconsult to carry out a comprehensive cost and feasibility assessment for the construction of a subsea tunnel between the Icelandic mainland and the Westman Islands.
mbl.is - News in English

Norwegian company assesses tunnel to the Westman Islands

Eyjagöng ehf. has signed an agreement with Norwegian consulting firm Norconsult to carry out a comprehensive cost and feasibility assessment for the construction of a subsea tunnel between the Icelandic mainland and the Westman Islands.

Ptarmigan population said to be on the rise

The Icelandic Institute of Natural History is proposing that the ptarmigan hunting season be extended by a total of 11 days this year compared with last year. The institute has submitted its proposal to the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Climate.
mbl.is - News in English

Ptarmigan population said to be on the rise

The Icelandic Institute of Natural History is proposing that the ptarmigan hunting season be extended by a total of 11 days this year compared with last year. The institute has submitted its proposal to the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Climate.

City council members face 95% increase in meal prices

At a meeting of Reykjavík’s Executive Council today, the mayor presented a proposal for a special subsidy on meal services for low-income senior citizens. Under the proposal, those whose income falls below a defined threshold would pay ISK 1,500 per meal i
mbl.is - News in English

City council members face 95% increase in meal prices

At a meeting of Reykjavík’s Executive Council today, the mayor presented a proposal for a special subsidy on meal services for low-income senior citizens. Under the proposal, those whose income falls below a defined threshold would pay ISK 1,500 per meal instead of ISK 1,900.

All available buses to transport thousands

Strætó services will operate very differently on Saturday because of Culture Night, traditionally one of the busiest days of the year. Most routes will run more frequently throughout the day, and free shuttle buses will operate between Laugardalshöll and H
mbl.is - News in English

All available buses to transport thousands

Strætó services will operate very differently on Saturday because of Culture Night, traditionally one of the busiest days of the year. Most routes will run more frequently throughout the day, and free shuttle buses will operate between Laugardalshöll and Hallgrímskirkja, while several routes will also be altered because of road closures.

Ontario trying to 'micromanage' public education system through contract negotiation demands: unions

Education Minister Paul Calandra says he remains optimistic over ongoing contract negotiations for teachers and education workers, while unions are expressing frustrations over the government's demands and a stall on discussions.
CBC | Canada News

Ontario trying to 'micromanage' public education system through contract negotiation demands: unions

Education Minister Paul Calandra says he remains optimistic over ongoing contract negotiations for teachers and education workers, while unions are expressing frustrations over the government's demands and a stall on discussions.

How Joss Stone dropped huge hint Prince Harry was planning to move back to Britain with his family nearly a year ago

The Duke of Sussex , 41, caught up with Stone at the Lancaster Hotel in London following the WellChild Awards in September 2025
News | Mail Online

How Joss Stone dropped huge hint Prince Harry was planning to move back to Britain with his family nearly a year ago

The Duke of Sussex , 41, caught up with Stone at the Lancaster Hotel in London following the WellChild Awards in September 2025

British scientist plotted with senior US health official to shut down Covid lab leak theory, court documents allege

US court documents allege zoologist Dr Peter Daszak, pictured, conspired with David Morens to disrupt suspicions that the research may have caused the global pandemic
News | Mail Online

British scientist plotted with senior US health official to shut down Covid lab leak theory, court documents allege

US court documents allege zoologist Dr Peter Daszak, pictured, conspired with David Morens to disrupt suspicions that the research may have caused the global pandemic

Harry and Meghan's Cotswold kingdom? Sussexes made 'secret reconnaissance' of sought-after celebrity enclave before announcing move to UK

Harry and Meghan are believed to have secretly stayed in the Cotswolds during their recent visit to the UK - which may signal their interest in choosing the exclusive rural area for their next home.
News | Mail Online

Harry and Meghan's Cotswold kingdom? Sussexes made 'secret reconnaissance' of sought-after celebrity enclave before announcing move to UK

Harry and Meghan are believed to have secretly stayed in the Cotswolds during their recent visit to the UK - which may signal their interest in choosing the exclusive rural area for their next home.

'Our long national nightmare is over': US media react as it's revealed Harry and Meghan are leaving America

Among the first Thursday editions in the US to appear today was the New York Post, which made what it described as 'a reverse Megxit' their only p1 story.
News | Mail Online

'Our long national nightmare is over': US media react as it's revealed Harry and Meghan are leaving America

Among the first Thursday editions in the US to appear today was the New York Post, which made what it described as 'a reverse Megxit' their only p1 story.

UN chief calls for halt to attacks on civilian infrastructure, including in Russia

Spokesman Stephane Dujarric said that Antonio Guterres remains deeply concerned by the continued escalation of the Ukrainian conflict
TASS

UN chief calls for halt to attacks on civilian infrastructure, including in Russia

Spokesman Stephane Dujarric said that Antonio Guterres remains deeply concerned by the continued escalation of the Ukrainian conflict

US extends general license for talks on Lukoil's foreign assets until September 19

The license greenlights transactions related to negotiations on the «sale, disposition, or transfer of Lukoil International GmbH» and its assets
TASS

US extends general license for talks on Lukoil's foreign assets until September 19

The license greenlights transactions related to negotiations on the «sale, disposition, or transfer of Lukoil International GmbH» and its assets

Attempts to cut Russia off from world permanent tactic of Western policy — adviser

Anton Kobyakov noted that Russia had never closed itself off from the world throughout its history
TASS

Attempts to cut Russia off from world permanent tactic of Western policy — adviser

Anton Kobyakov noted that Russia had never closed itself off from the world throughout its history

IN BRIEF: Russian MFA statements on FAZ reporter’s provocation, UN criticism

The Foreign Ministry calls on the citizens living abroad to be vigilant and not to give in to provocations ahead of the State Duma elections
TASS

IN BRIEF: Russian MFA statements on FAZ reporter’s provocation, UN criticism

The Foreign Ministry calls on the citizens living abroad to be vigilant and not to give in to provocations ahead of the State Duma elections

Feds seize Eric Swalwell’s devices, search home as part of sexual assault inquiry

The former congressman, once considered a leading candidate in the California governor’s race, resigned after allegations surfaced in the spring.
Post Politics

Feds seize Eric Swalwell’s devices, search home as part of sexual assault inquiry

The former congressman, once considered a leading candidate in the California governor’s race, resigned after allegations surfaced in the spring.

Rwanda: Young Entrepreneurs Turn Business, Digital Skills Into Growth Through Kinarwanda-ILO Training

[New Times] For Gisele Abayisenga, growing a business is no longer only about selling more products. It is also about knowing how to manage the business, understand customers, keep proper financial records and use digital tools to reach new markets.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa

Rwanda: Young Entrepreneurs Turn Business, Digital Skills Into Growth Through Kinarwanda-ILO Training

[New Times] For Gisele Abayisenga, growing a business is no longer only about selling more products. It is also about knowing how to manage the business, understand customers, keep proper financial records and use digital tools to reach new markets.

Rwanda: Congress Members 'Alarmed' By U.S.-DR Congo Mineral Deal

[New Times] Dozens of members of the United States Congress have raised concerns about the Trump administration's critical minerals agreements with the DR Congo and other countries.
AllAfrica News: Central Africa

Rwanda: Congress Members 'Alarmed' By U.S.-DR Congo Mineral Deal

[New Times] Dozens of members of the United States Congress have raised concerns about the Trump administration's critical minerals agreements with the DR Congo and other countries.

[MAJ] Incendie à Motu Uta

Un incendie s'est déclaré vers 5 heures ce jeudi matin sur le site d'Enviropol, à Motu Uta. Cinq engins de secours sont engagés. La police municipale et la police nationale sont également sur place.
polynésie

[MAJ] Incendie à Motu Uta

Un incendie s'est déclaré vers 5 heures ce jeudi matin sur le site d'Enviropol, à Motu Uta. Cinq engins de secours sont engagés. La police municipale et la police nationale sont également sur place.

Malawi ‘losing $700million worth of gold to smugglers’ – as government scrambles to crack down on illegal mining trade

Malawi’s government is putting fresh measures in place to clean up the country’s mining sector, after it emerged the nation could be losing hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of gold to smugglers every year. Minister of Mining Thoko Temb
Malawi Nyasa Times – Malawi breaking news in Malawi

Malawi ‘losing $700million worth of gold to smugglers’ – as government scrambles to crack down on illegal mining trade

Malawi’s government is putting fresh measures in place to clean up the country’s mining sector, after it emerged the nation could be losing hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of gold to smugglers every year. Minister of Mining Thoko Tembo said the Malawi Mining Investment Company (Mamico) was establishing mining cooperatives and formal structures for […] The post Malawi ‘losing $700million worth of gold to smugglers’ – as government scrambles to crack down on illegal mining trade appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.

Malawi pushes for universal digital access despite high network coverage

Malawi’s communications regulator has said it remains committed to achieving universal access to digital services, despite persistently low uptake of digital communications across the country. Dr Mayamiko Nkoloma, Director General of the Malawi Communic
Malawi Nyasa Times – Malawi breaking news in Malawi

Malawi pushes for universal digital access despite high network coverage

Malawi’s communications regulator has said it remains committed to achieving universal access to digital services, despite persistently low uptake of digital communications across the country. Dr Mayamiko Nkoloma, Director General of the Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (Macra), made the comments at the Digital Africa Summit, being held this week at the Bingu wa Mutharika International […] The post Malawi pushes for universal digital access despite high network coverage appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.

Malawi secures €143m EU support for key sectors

The European Union has announced a new financing package worth €143 million (approximately K287 billion) to support three key areas of Malawi’s economy: agriculture, energy, and education, skills and social protection. The announcement was made in Lil
Malawi Nyasa Times – Malawi breaking news in Malawi

Malawi secures €143m EU support for key sectors

The European Union has announced a new financing package worth €143 million (approximately K287 billion) to support three key areas of Malawi’s economy: agriculture, energy, and education, skills and social protection. The announcement was made in Lilongwe on Wednesday by Daniel Aristi Gaztelumendi, the EU’s ambassador to Malawi, during a press briefing that coincided with […] The post Malawi secures €143m EU support for key sectors appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.

Malawi School of Government leads leadership drive for public finance officials

The government is seeking to strengthen the leadership capacity of senior officials in the Accountant General’s Department, through an induction programme designed to improve the quality of public service delivery. The programme, being facilitated by th
Malawi Nyasa Times – Malawi breaking news in Malawi

Malawi School of Government leads leadership drive for public finance officials

The government is seeking to strengthen the leadership capacity of senior officials in the Accountant General’s Department, through an induction programme designed to improve the quality of public service delivery. The programme, being facilitated by the Malawi School of Government (MSG) in Salima, is aimed at directors and deputy directors within the department, and covers […] The post Malawi School of Government leads leadership drive for public finance officials appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.

Gangata vows Flames will ‘answer with power’ in latest gaffe

Malawi’s Minister of Sports Alfred Gangata was left beaming with pride as he once again reached for a phrase that has now become something of a personal catchphrase – despite leaving many scratching their heads over what exactly it means. Speakin
Malawi Nyasa Times – Malawi breaking news in Malawi

Gangata vows Flames will ‘answer with power’ in latest gaffe

Malawi’s Minister of Sports Alfred Gangata was left beaming with pride as he once again reached for a phrase that has now become something of a personal catchphrase – despite leaving many scratching their heads over what exactly it means. Speaking to Zodiak Broadcasting Station about the Flames’ football prospects following the Scorchers’ impressive showing […] The post Gangata vows Flames will ‘answer with power’ in latest gaffe appeared first on Malawi News | Breaking News, Politics, Business & Sports | Nyasa Times.

Madrid dément catégoriquement l'existence d'un « plan d'urgence » contre le Maroc

Le gouvernement espagnol a démenti, ce mardi, de manière catégorique l'existence d'un quelconque « plan d'urgence » visant le Maroc. Ce démenti intervient après la diffusion par la télévision publique espagnole TVE d'informations évoquant une telle
GABONEWS

Madrid dément catégoriquement l'existence d'un « plan d'urgence » contre le Maroc

Le gouvernement espagnol a démenti, ce mardi, de manière catégorique l'existence d'un quelconque « plan d'urgence » visant le Maroc. Ce démenti intervient après la diffusion par la télévision publique espagnole TVE d'informations évoquant une telle hypothèse, dans un contexte marqué par la crise migratoire à Ceuta. Des sources de la Présidence du gouvernement espagnol, la Moncloa, ont affirmé auprès de médias ibériques que l'exécutif n'avait demandé l'élaboration d'aucune étude ni d'aucun (...) - INTERNATIONAL / SUJET_ECRIT_MAISON